Panasonic TH-42PX60B - black 3inch line in centre of screen ?

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Hi peeps,

Been offered the above tv cheap but it has a fault of a black line down the centre of the screen, tv is about 3 years old.

Any ideas on fault ?

Thanks

i got two vertical black lines about 3" wide on my LG 42" plasma and was told it was unfixable that the screen would have to be replaced, which wasn't worth doing.

a ribbon cable has come loose along the top of the plasma panel due to it expanding while hot and pulling itself out. If you are lucky it will have pulled out at the board and its a case of pushing it back in. If your unlucky then it has disconnected inside the sealed plasma panel and theres nothing that can be done (part cost of new panel £900)

This is a known fault with the PX60 panels and Panasonic will repair it free of charge. Contact your local Panasonic Repair centre as the company I work for recently pulled a 37" PX60 and it was repaired F.O.C. due to the glue they use on the panel deteriorating over time. If you get nowhere with your local repair centre P.M. me and I will forward the contact details of a Panasonic Dealer who knows about this.

Regards

Liam

Back