Panasonic launches UK's 1st HD TV's with freesat HD built-in

now that is nice all tv should come like this i know sony put cable tunners in most of there new tv but this just gets better as it go's on

excellent idea i like it!!

Are they having dual tuners for DVB-T and DVB-S? makes sense and just forget analogue now!

Looks good, going to hold buying a new tv for now if there going to start shipping with HD freesat

mentioned this before but is it worth setting up a new science / technology / gadets forums for post like this

i personally wouldnt buy a tv with a built in satellite tuner, as if the sat tuner blows (which is surprisingly common) and you want it repaired, you have to send the whole set away for repair and are left with nothing

i personally wouldnt buy a tv with a built in satellite tuner, as if the sat tuner blows (which is surprisingly common) and you want it repaired, you have to send the whole set away for repair and are left with nothing

didn't think about that but maybe the manufacturers should think about making the satellite tuner as removable cards, simlar to pci cards becasue at the end of the day the logistics of moving a 50inch screen are a pain

Surely if a sat tuner fails, it's down to the quality of the components or assembly. It doesn't blow just because it's a sat tuner. So if it's an integral assembly made by Panasonic it shouldn't be any more liable to fail than any of the other components. If it's a satellite board bought in by Panasonic then it might be a different story.

Digidudes comparing with sky dodgybox tuners :). I think they are a good idea for minimalists, you can always just add a seperate sat box if the tuner did eventually fail anyway. Good for those that just want simplicity.

a little more info

PROMO VIDEO

It is anticipated Panasonic will launch within two weeks their Viera range of Plasma TV's with freesat and Freeview built in, early prices are:

42" TH42PZ81B £1,299
46" TH46PZ81B £1,699
50" TH50PZ81B £1,999

Described as Full-HD models with freesat built-in, High Moving Picture Resolution and Advanced Networking Capabilities.

Sit back and enjoy stunning HD images with this Panasonic Viera TH42PZ81B 42” plasma television. It features a built-in Freesat tuner so you can enjoy HD channels from the BBC and ITV without the need for an external box.

Its state-of-the-art technology gives amazing picture quality, with the Intelligent Frame Creation giving fantastic resolution even during fast moving scenes – something football fans and film buffs will both appreciate.

Every image is richly detailed - from the brightest sunshine to the darkest night sky - and contrast is enhanced by the new Real Black Drive system that creates deep, robust blacks and reproduces scenes with a fine balance of light and shadow.

Sound is enhanced with its in-built V-Real Pro 3 surround sound technology (with bass extension), while the 24p Real Cinema settings offers enhanced judder-free playback, giving a smooth ‘film’ look. The 3 HDMI sockets allow you to hook-up your Blu-ray player, PVRs and games consoles with ease.

Also capable of playing footage straight from your camcorder in high-definition mode and you can view a slideshow of your photos - just remove the SD memory card from your digital still camera, and slip it in the slot.

This television is ‘high definition ready’ which means it has the ability to display high definition signals with the addition of a separate HD receiver. HD broadcasts are at a much higher resolution than regular analogue or digital broadcasts and have greatly enhanced picture quality. The level of detail is astonishing with clearer, sharper and more vibrant images.

1080p
1080p is the purest form of high definition that a television can display. This leads to a smoother, more film-like image, which will satisfy sports and movie lovers alike. With a 1080p signal, the information that makes up an image is displayed “progressively” or all at once, rather than in an “interlaced” fashion.

Published Tuesday 10 June, 2008

Back