Pair face life for murder of boy, 4

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
A callous mother and stepfather who battered to death a four-year-old boy after subjecting him to six months cruelty have been found guilty of murder.

A "callous and wretched" mother and stepfather are facing life sentences for murdering a four-year-old schoolboy who was systematically starved under the noses of his teachers and health professionals.

The "incomprehensible" murder of Daniel Pelka by Magdelena Luczak and Mariusz Krezolek, which has chilling echoes of the 2007 death of 17-month-old Baby P, is the subject of a serious case review.

Jurors took under four hours to unanimously convict Luczak and Krezolek following a nine-week trial at Birmingham Crown Court. The couple battered Daniel to death after a six-month campaign of cruelty in which he was denied food, "imprisoned" in a locked box room and force-fed salt.

Both originally from Poland, the pair also forced Daniel to perform arduous punishment exercises such as squats or running, while hoodwinking teachers and doctors into believing his weight loss was due to an eating disorder.

The boy's murder, which occurred weeks after teaching staff saw him with bruising to his neck and black eyes, is being reviewed by Coventry's Safeguarding Children Board.

The board's serious case review will examine why social services and police did not become involved after staff at Coventry's Little Heath Primary School noticed bruising on his neck and what appeared to be two black eyes. Although the injuries to the neck were entered in a concerns book at Daniel's school, no written record was made of the later bruising seen around his eyes.

The trial heard Luczak played a leading role in convincing teachers and medical professionals that Daniel's dramatic weight loss, which left him looking like a famine victim, was due to a rare genetic disorder. Neither Krezolek nor Luczak, who face mandatory life terms when they are sentenced on Friday, showed any obvious emotion as they were found guilty.

Jurors heard that Daniel was left to die in his unheated "cell" for around 33 hours after suffering a fatal head injury at his Coventry home on March 1 last year.

Former soldier Krezolek - described in court as a heartless "monster" - and Luczak blamed each other for Daniel's death during their trial. But text messages between the pair proved they worked as a team to inflict the sickening abuse and even opted not to summon an ambulance as Daniel lay dying with more than 20 separate injuries.

The pair also carried out Google searches - including one for "patient in a coma" - which suggested the youngster had been beaten, subjected to an attempted drowning, and poisoned with salt during his final hours.

Pair face life for murder of boy, 4 - BT

This really made my stomach turn i seriously hope these sick twisted mofos get what they deserve this makes me so effeing mad the poor little lad.

How anyone can put a bairn through what they put that wee lad through is beyond me. Haven't these people got a heart......

Hopefully they'll get a taste of what they dished out to the wee lad every day.

I started to read the story earlier but had to stop as it was to upsetting , if there was ever a reason to bring back the death penalty this must be a good enough reason.

These sick bastards should be given the most slowest painful death anyone can think of , makes my blood boil when i hear stories of poor innocent children being treated like this . No child should ever have to go through this . May god rest his soul , and hope these two rot in hell forever !!

What the f**k is wrong with people . You choose to have children, it really isn't rocket science to look after them. They actually had another child who used to smuggle food for the poor boy.

Chances are they will get a few unauthorised punishments in prison although nothing can come close to whst they put the child through.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

They are vile and sick people, they should be given a taste of their own medicine in prison and not in the UK but back Poland.

it's disgusting people like them shouldn't be around children

cant understand how the teachers etc didn't pick up on this like , stealing food from other kids , rummaging through bins for food ffs , they have a lot to answer for imho like

I personally don't think people don't know how to spot this. It stares them right in the face but people are too ignorant. Not because they know and want to avoid the subject but they just don't know, not out of their own fault.
@stevejay, this just reminded me of this thread that you posted mate https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/375896/ i hope now it makes more sense. and i hope these courses are made compulsory for people working with children. teachers, doctors, anyone that has to come in contact with them as a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't think people don't know how to spot this. It stares them right in the face but people are too ignorant. Not because they know and want to avoid the subject but they just don't know, not out of their own fault.
@stevejay, this just reminded me of this thread that you posted mate https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/375896/ i hope now it makes more sense. and i hope these courses are made compulsory for people working with children. teachers, doctors, anyone that has to come in contact with them as a job.

load of crap mate, i have them kids 20 mins a day, they sit in the back seat , the teachers have them 8 hrs a day

load of crap mate, i have them kids 20 mins a day, they sit in the back seat , the teachers have them 8 hrs a day
Mate sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean you in particular but more to the point of awareness of how we should be educated in this subject, especially if people are in contact with them.

Mate sorry if I offended you. I didn't mean you in particular but more to the point of awareness of how we should be educated in this subject, especially if people are in contact with them.

you didn't mate, no one could, its a internet forum, i know what you mean though ;)

they did flag it, the mother said Daniel had a eating dis-order.

I know that you don't think you can make a connection with the kids you take but its surprising that kids sometimes do talk to people they have little but regular contact. The thing I would say is it better to have more people clued up rather then not having enough.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

It can't be the easiest call by the likes of teachers and social workers. Suppose you're wrong? Someone will want your head, resignation, career screwed and nowhere to go. Best to play it safe and avoid the 'blame culture' seeking you out as a scapegoat. Until you're absolutely certain.

Unfortunately, there is no perfect solution, no training or legislation that will give 100% positive results.

Hopefully the long sentences given to the parents will give plenty of opportunity for a 'sentence review'.

It can't be the easiest call by the likes of teachers and social workers. Suppose you're wrong? Someone will want your head, resignation, career screwed and nowhere to go. Best to play it safe and avoid the 'blame culture' seeking you out as a scapegoat. Until you're absolutely certain.

One of society's worst traits, instead of looking for a solution it is much easier to look for someone to blame !! That and of course looking the other way !!

One of society's worst traits, instead of looking for a solution it is much easier to look for someone to blame !! That and of course looking the other way !!

Maybe it would be better to err on the side of caution and get it wrong rather than another child die?

The Mother told the school the child had an eating disorder but surely they should ask for a doctors letter or something and not just take her word for it ?

Back