Pacino V2.1

hi chaps

my box is a nokia dbox2

i have come across a small problem, and im not sure if its the box or the image.
as i dont work i spend alot of time watching the discovery channels.......etc
(i know sad fecker) the problem im getting is when i switch between channels the screen goes blank, and there is no sound, to fix this i just switch box onto standby then back on all is fine for a while, but later on i have to reboot box.

i have tried changing ucodes, no luck there. (rats suggestion)
turning off sectionscan helps, (gavs suggestion)

any one else come across this.

Napster said:
hi chaps

my box is a nokia dbox2

i have come across a small problem, and im not sure if its the box or the image.
as i dont work i spend alot of time watching the discovery channels.......etc
(i know sad fecker) the problem im getting is when i switch between channels the screen goes blank, and there is no sound, to fix this i just switch box onto standby then back on all is fine for a while, but later on i have to reboot box.

i have tried changing ucodes, no luck there. (rats suggestion)
turning off sectionscan helps, (gavs suggestion)

any one else come across this.

I had this same issue intermittently, changing to mgcamd seems to have sorted it out. ( well its been ok for 24 hrs :D )

I have a weird issue where the emu,s dont start eh i have to do it manually now when i turn on box or i get a blaack screen and a popping noise it used to load em auto b4? like evocamd i think i use. I dont tyhink i changed anything? it wwas cool a few days ago i noticed it like yesterday i think other than that its sweet :D

what i was saying is that the images can only get better and if security issues can be sorted then yes there will be more images coming your ways

and yes i am tajing a break lol

as i am not bothered at the mo to do any images

i am just letting my brain going tick tock tick tock

thats all

as for the security issues i have a fantastic idea but will it work i dont know

but im going through a through things at the mo

and i am thinking of some sort of hiding the key folder so you cant get access to it and maybe some sort of activation but i might be dreaming and that might not be possible

its just one of the ideas i am having but i do have a few more

cheers

there is a way of encrypting the image so it can only work on specific machines

ie person wants it

downloads it to m$ machine

they email you for the registry key to decrypt it, the key can only work based on the pc specs, ie domain name / pc name :)

they try and pass it around to other people it wont work due to differing pc identification

you msi installer the whole lot so it automates unpackaging and installing ifa

:p

Hi Gav,

First time i've been back on since you decided to release 2.0 to the masses. It's a real shame the ebay guys have hold of it so quickly :(

you could always pretend to buy a box, get through to pay stage and find out who they are.... just an idea!

Anyway, back to more important things, the image is bloody great! had a few issues with ucodes and newcamd but otherwise just as good as i expected. Top work m8 (not forgetting cydine's input)

I have tried using the MGCAMD, but find the picture quality to be a bit blocky and not as sharp as evocamd or newcamd.

I like a few others are suffering from the info boxes if you use newcamd, but it's not a big deal, just thought i'd mention it.

hope you have a well deserved break...

cheers, Jase

jasperw said:
Hi Gav,

First time i've been back on since you decided to release 2.0 to the masses. It's a real shame the ebay guys have hold of it so quickly :(

you could always pretend to buy a box, get through to pay stage and find out who they are.... just an idea!

Anyway, back to more important things, the image is bloody great! had a few issues with ucodes and newcamd but otherwise just as good as i expected. Top work m8 (not forgetting cydine's input)

I have tried using the MGCAMD, but find the picture quality to be a bit blocky and not as sharp as evocamd or newcamd.

I like a few others are suffering from the info boxes if you use newcamd, but it's not a big deal, just thought i'd mention it.

hope you have a well deserved break...

cheers, Jase

what type of box do you have m8

Just a quickie Gav can i use animated lcd logo on this image?

Images is great by the way.:Cheers:

6bellys said:
Just a quickie Gav can i use animated lcd logo on this image?

Images is great by the way.:Cheers:

yes but if you dont know how then no lol

cheers

hi why do i keep getting evocamd has restarted displayed on sreen every time i put box on sometime there is no pic and i have to rebboot

I decided to give this a try this afternoon, and all is ok.

But...I am seeing the problem that a number of others have mentioned. 50% of the time when I change a channel, I get sound and no picture. Sometimes netierh cound or picture.

I have tried different ucodes, and both appear to have the problem.

Anything else I can try - its a Nokia box?

superdon said:
I decided to give this a try this afternoon, and all is ok.

But...I am seeing the problem that a number of others have mentioned. 50% of the time when I change a channel, I get sound and no picture. Sometimes netierh cound or picture.

I have tried different ucodes, and both appear to have the problem.

Anything else I can try - its a Nokia box?

Grrr. Tried a few things, and the problems only getting worse if anything. Its very random, and not always the same channels.

This is strange the problems a few are having i have had no problems at all Nokia box with 2 chips avia600 maybe this is why i dunno. All i did was copy the image over to box then copied my xml files over rebooted and its been perfect since day one .U code is 001a cam alpha is 01 02 105d hope that may help some

Last edited:
I cannot figure out what the problem is.

You can be watching a channel, without any problems. Then flick to another, and flick back and the sound is there but no picture. As I say, its totally random, and no pattern to it at all.

superdon said:
I cannot figure out what the problem is.

You can be watching a channel, without any problems. Then flick to another, and flick back and the sound is there but no picture. As I say, its totally random, and no pattern to it at all.
Im sorry m8 but im no expert on dbox i can run through my settings with you on msn if that will help you

Thanks for the offer - appreciate it m8.

But...I was banging my head against a wall, and flashed sportster back on. Working perfectly fine again now.

Maybe I'll give this another try when I get some more free time.

Back