Pace Error Code AP:02

draindet

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys

I did post this question a few days back but have not been able to sort it then i realised that my post was titled Pace box down in NTL and thought that maybe the post looked just like one of those "my cards gone off" posts.

So i thought i would try again with a different title, the problem is when VM sent the update recently my sammy took it ok and just showed 999 on the display until i changed chanel but my pace 4010 was just blank with nothing on the display and no picture, i rebooted it and now it shows AP:02 on the display and a blank screen it has been like this for about two weeks now i have tried pulling the red jumper several times and it still wont boot i think that it has not taking the whole update and part of the data has been lost.

Can anyone help?

Hi guys

I did post this question a few days back but have not been able to sort it then i realised that my post was titled Pace box down in NTL and thought that maybe the post looked just like one of those "my cards gone off" posts.

So i thought i would try again with a different title, the problem is when VM sent the update recently my sammy took it ok and just showed 999 on the display until i changed chanel but my pace 4010 was just blank with nothing on the display and no picture, i rebooted it and now it shows AP:02 on the display and a blank screen it has been like this for about two weeks now i have tried pulling the red jumper several times and it still wont boot i think that it has not taking the whole update and part of the data has been lost.

Can anyone help?

Just a little update on my situation, i pulled the red jumper and left it out all night, i then rebooted the box and when i tried to get into the em it went passed it the first time and i had to keep the buttons pressed in until it went into the em, i tried this several times and it was the same each time (weird) any way after resetting the frequency and pin the box rebooted performed an update and stuck at AP:02 again the same as before apart from now when i leave the box on it turns itself off after about 30 mins and will not turn back on without unplugging.

Just a little update on my situation, i pulled the red jumper and left it out all night, i then rebooted the box and when i tried to get into the em it went passed it the first time and i had to keep the buttons pressed in until it went into the em, i tried this several times and it was the same each time (weird) any way after resetting the frequency and pin the box rebooted performed an update and stuck at AP:02 again the same as before apart from now when i leave the box on it turns itself off after about 30 mins and will not turn back on without unplugging.

The AP codes are the new software up dates, some boxes have died or froze when going through this process.

I have seen all the boxes that came back from the field which the techs have changed all have the dying while software update diagnosis written on them.

Have you tried a diffrent box?

This was told by an engineer.

I dont know if this means anything to anyone but in the em it says event code 302 vram crc fail tunning data, i think this is the fault but have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The AP codes are the new software up dates, some boxes have died or froze when going through this process.

I have seen all the boxes that came back from the field which the techs have changed all have the dying while software update diagnosis written on them.

Have you tried a diffrent box?

This was told by an engineer.

Cheers for the reply morashid679

Does this mean my box is fooked totally or is there a chance one of the really clever guys on here may be able to offer an idea of how this can be fixed?

I dont know if this means anything to anyone but in the em it says event code 302 vram crc fail tunning data, i think this is the fault but have no idea how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With regards to that have you checked the tuner if the solder may have come off and the connection has been lost.

Cheers for the reply morashid679

Does this mean my box is fooked totally or is there a chance one of the really clever guys on here may be able to offer an idea of how this can be fixed?

I dont know, maybe you can wait till everything is over on Tuesday. That's when I was told all would be well again.

With regards to that have you checked the tuner if the solder may have come off and the connection has been lost.

Hi Morashid679

I dont think it will be the solder to the tuner as the singal strength is good and the status is locked but i will have a look anyway anything is worth a go as the agro im getting from the missus for not having free tv in the bedroom is doing my swede in!

i know err 02 is cam some people think it is the card its not. the cam your card goes in needs replaced

I dont know, maybe you can wait till everything is over on Tuesday. That's when I was told all would be well again.

I waited till Tuesday but it still just goes to AP:02 i think its fooked going to have to go on fleebay and take a risk.

Thanks for all the replies

Back