Pace 3100

a pace3100 is a pvr2 m8

PVR1 was the HUGE silver box from pace
PVR2 was pace and amstrad, square fronts with a 'wedge' shape on the top of the front
PVR3 was pace, amstrad and thompson, where the front was rounded at the bottom (Thompson 160 was PVr3 shaped but was in fact PVR2, they have 160 written on the front)
PVR4 is the first larger shaped Sky+HD receivers, thompson, pace, amstrad and samsung
PVR5 is the new smaller sized Sky+HD receivers, amstrad (Sky brand)

but ALL pace3100 are PVR2

Cheers Digi,

I was contemplating getting one and trying the V+ hack

Also note that there is a patch without the raised finger! It's called NonSerialisedOriginalColoursv4

how many of them do you want m8 ;)

My brother has gone and ordered one from ebay. I told him to hang on for a bit but he's jumped the gun yet again. I hope i can pull this off or he will be fcuking tampin. lol

Also note that there is a patch without the raised finger! It's called NonSerialisedOriginalColoursv4

Sorry Abu, but what does this all mean?

The normal patched firmware has a raised finger on the menu's. The menus are also black. The file I referred to has the original colours and no swearing finger. A bit more family friendly in my opinion.

abu, have you actually succeded in patching one of these receivers?

i have a pile of them about 5' high, but ive not got past doing one yet lol, tried a few times, then given up

Thankfully yes. No sata issues there!

Pm being composed.

Last edited:
Knowledge should be shared. Best to leave the notes where everyone can see it. I'll edit the files and run it by someone for checking/approval and post here.

Knowledge should be shared. Best to leave the notes where everyone can see it. I'll edit the files and run it by someone for checking/approval and post here.

Is this the file abu-baniaz?Please dont use this until abu confirms this is the right software

abu, ive got numerous different files and 'packs' from loads of different places over the years, but ifyou want to zip up the files that worked for you, ill host them all in one place externally

Evening all,

Got hold of the 3100, made the JTAG and done the rest of the wiring.
When i run JKEYS i sometimes get this message:

error reading from IRD (DCU Peak)

Sometimes i dont get that but when i click on Save Mem it starts dumping but then errors anything from 17% down.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers

Dar

P.S. the only thing i've changed in JKEYS is the interface to parallell port, everything else is default.

Been trying to flash using dos commands from a tute from Abu (cheers)
Soon as i run the commands i get this screen (see pic)

Tried it with red wire going to pin 41 & 42

Tripple checked all the wiring.

Tried with 50ohm resistor on the yellow wire (as suggested on some tute)

Any help please.

I got no sense with dos in 7 and got a bit further with XP

Stuck at the mo (see pic)

When i started last wednesday i had the red standby light on and if pressed it would go to green. Yesterday it was red only (even if pressed). Today no light at all. I may have killed the box?? lol

Back