PACE 1000 Phb stuck in update loop!!

Saq787

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys, got a bit of a problem as stated in the title i have a pace 1000 phb box in the ex C&W area and basically a message came up updating box please do not switch off the box for a few minutes or some thing along those lines so i left it and since then it keeps on updating and then rebooting and then updating again and so on. A few error messages appear on the display as shown below:

scrolling no's-PdLd- EAAS-LAIT-Err4 then reboots and starts all over again, left it for a few hours and still same.

(error message taken from this thread) as he also had the same problem:
http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=99337&highlight=err4

know after alot of reading as many people have had a similar sort of problem and the usual advice given is to remove the red jumper and try to reset, however i also came across this thread with a similar problem:

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=135341&highlight=stuck+in+update

it refers to some red wire in the box connecting one of the feet of the atemels to the board i think or at least thats what it looks like when i opened mine and found a similar sort of situation but the atmel that the wire goes from is covered with some sort of padding as shown in the picture. Regardless it was purposed from reading the thread above that this red wire could also be stoping the box from updating. So basically im a bit confused and stuck as of what to do next all help will be appreciarted. thanks.

i think the wire is a no update mod as this is not standard just cut it it should update

thanks for the reply tunit, oh is that what its for, i was thinking it might have been due to one of the atmel legs being damaged. But if that is the case why put it there, i mean why would some one else want to prevent an update, just curious ...lol if some one else can confirm ill go ahead and cut it then. thanks.

its was very common to stop updates in the past cut the wire and it will update cut it in the middle so if needed you can re attach it

cheerz femalelizzard thats enough conformation for me, will do that know and let you know how it goes. thanks again.

hi there guys i cut the wire and plugged it back in and know im getting 88:88 message on the screen, thats a atmel problem isnt it, troed moving the simm closer to the front as was suggested on other threads but no luck. looks to have gotten worse ....... lol

by the looks of the pic that was an anti update mod but has been reversed .it would hav been conected from pin 11 to the battery and a track cut..the wire is used to bridge the cut track ....join the wire back together the 8888 will go ....

Last edited:
Hi
i maybe wrong but here goes
When the anti update mod was arround
Didnt you have to change the simm
from a 4 chip to a 2 chip
never had i of those boxes but i think i read about it

Hi
i maybe wrong but here goes
When the anti update mod was arround
Didnt you have to change the simm
from a 4 chip to a 2 chip
never had i of those boxes but i think i read about it

you maybe right on a 1000 ..but looks to be a phase 1b that only has 2 chips on the sim so no need to change it

thanks for the reply guys, got a bit of an issue here then isnt it, i can join the wire together again but that brings me back on to my original poblem ... about it being stuck in the update loop....lol

Back