Owen Scores Again

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
Already been mentioned on the Man U. thread but for the free thinkers.....

"Goals from Michael Owen and Federico Macheda were enough to see Manchester United earn their second win over Malaysia in three days.
The match was quickly arranged after United decided to call the Indonesia leg of their Far East tour off following the terrorist attacks in Jakarta.
United were guilty of resting on their laurels the last time the two teams met on Saturday, after they surrendered a two goal lead, only for Owen to come off the bench and net his first goal in a United shirt at the death.
The Premier League champions began this game brightly with Owen starting alongside 17-year-old Macheda and the Italian was soon on the score sheet.
Fabio Da Silva cut in and crossed from the left but his ball evaded everyone until Darren Fletcher arrived at the back post to calmly pull the ball back for Macheda, who took a touch and confidently fired home on 11 minutes.
Owen added a second two minutes later when he tapped home after a dangerous cross from the left by Zoran Tosic and that was the way it remained until the end."

MSN

MY 2 boys are massive man u fans so can u guess the name on their new man u kits when they get it............... owen :proud:

MY 2 boys are massive man u fans so can u guess the name on their new man u kits when they get it............... owen :proud:

i wouldnt even pay a penny for that new shirt, its right up there wit the worst shirt designs, just behind man uniteds pepper grey kit of the 90s

people are getting far too carried away with owen scoring, he was playing against malaysia ffs, not exactly world class oposistion is it.

amazing how many two faced mancs there are aswell, a few months ago he was past his best and should retire to concentrate on his horses now hes the best thing since sliced bread

amazing how many two faced mancs there are aswell, a few months ago he was past his best and should retire to concentrate on his horses now hes the best thing since sliced bread

thats coz he's now wearing a man u shirt ;-)

owen's still got a lot to prove full stop! the fact that he didnt cost a penny is the only thing going for him at the moment... scoring goals during the season and staying clear of injuries is the only way he's gonna inspire confidence amongst the fans....

If I remember correctly Darren Bent was prolific in pre season last year.

Having said that I hope Owen keeps it going as I want him to be at the world cup

Owen doin ok, im just waiting for him to get injured now.. lol.. should be good october 25th.. at anfield.. hes gonna get some stick..

Owen is top quality striker and will love the chances that he will be getting at a team like utd who create many.

But I agree do not read to much into these pre season friendlies I made the mistake last season of picking bent for my fooking dream team after he scored 10+ goals in pre season.... and more proof is bendtner scored a brace today lmao....

Mickie

Scoring in Friendlies means nothin if he doesnt replicate that in actual competitive games...

having said that i guess it will be good for his confidence in the team..

Back