OSCAM/CCCAM Help?

markslyf3

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i have oscam cccam on my image but the image always start softcam then card server in turn not clearing any channels lol any help thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: open pli

can any one shed some light on this for me thanks

Might be an idea to add a bit more info, i.e what box etc, what you are doing, setup.

I changed your title to try and get it noticed, also you didn't choose the prefix for the box model.

Why not simplify your setup and run pure Oscam, get rid of CCCam..You can enable CCCam protocol and add user aco****s for your CCCam in Oscam configs so your clients will not need to make any changes.

As above, simpler to dispense with CCcam. But if you need both then the following applies.

Latest versions of Oscam require that the system date is equal to or later than the OScam build date. If it isn't, Oscam gives up the reader after which CCcam takes control of it. By the time the date is corrected, the card reader is not available.

If you are using a DM500/600 using a PLI based image, you can edit the "emuserv" file located at /var/etc/plimgr/scripts/ and add the following command just after the version number.
rdate -s time.mit.edu
sleep 5

You must use a Linux comaptible editor such as Notepad++ and ensure that your edited file is in Unix format. If it is in dos format, the softcams will not work.

i dont no how to configure oscam as server and client. i am using open pli image dm800hd clone. when i reboot box it tries to start softcam before cardserver. then i have to stop softcam then start cardserver, then start softcam then it works.

how do i clear channels with just oscam thanks for the help

HERE'S A EXCELLENT WORKING CONFIG FOR SLY UK THANKS TO GULI FOR THE INFO AND HARD WORK JUST CHANGE THE OBVIOUS

oscam.server

[reader]
label = slyuk
protocol = internal
enable = 1
device = /dev/sci0
detect = cd
boxid = xxxxxxxx #( not needed as oscam can read sky uk boxid )
mhz = 600
cardmhz = 600
caid = 0963
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
emmcache = 1,3,2
ecmcache = 1
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 0
lb_weight = 101
ecmwhitelist = 0963@000000:3E,4F,42,44,45,47,4E,53,54,56,61,67,62 ,68,69,6A,6B,6E,6D,6F,71,72,73,77,78,74,79,7A,7C,7 D,7E,80,8B,85

oscam.conf

[global]
logfile = /var/local/oscam.log
cachedelay = 120
nice = -1
maxlogsize = 0
saveinithistory = 1

[newcamd]
port = 15500@0963:000000
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
allowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
keepalive = 1

[webif]
httpport = 15000
httpuser = user
httppwd = password
httprefresh = 10
httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255

oscam.user

[account]
user = user
pwd = pass
uniq = 2
monlevel = 1
caid = 0963
ident = 0963:000000
group = 1
au = sLyuk
blockemm-unknown = 1
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 0

Use this N line in CCcam.cfg if you want to use the Newcamd protocol to connect to CCcam . Only use 256 if using CCcam 2.1.3 or below . to show your card as a local .

N: 127.0.0.1 15500 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

the username & pass in account & N line must be the same .

the port number in newcamd must be the same as in your N line .

the port number for oscam must be different from CCcam .

256 @ the end of the N line is to show your card as local .

with these settings your card will update providing you give a close & known peer a C line like this :

C: myserver.dyndns.tv 13001 user pass yes

the yes @ the end is required for the known peer to send EMM to update the card .

in the F line for this peer it should look like this .

F: user pass 1 0 1 { 0:0:2 }

the 2nd 1 allows the EMM to update your card .

It's sufficient for one peer / receiver to execute AU in order to update the card .

For the procedure to work , the peer / receiver that is enabled to execute AU must be tuned to one of the subscribed channels .

Warning : When using the NewCamd protocol , always set AU directed at a reader . Setting "au = 1" will not work properly !

you can see your entitlements by opening the web browser & entering the box ip with the webif port .

oscam with CCcam will only show your card as local ( hop0 ) with 2.1.3 or earlier versions . CCcam 2.1.3 is the better option .

make sure the config directory has 755 attribute & the 3 oscam files in that directory have attribute 644 .

oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.user

oscam files can be found in folder :

/var/tuxbox/config ( Enigma1 )

/etc/tuxbox/config ( Enigma2 )

oscam will only read your card & forward it via the N line to CCcam .

upon putting all your settings together make sure you stop oscam then CCcam via the blue panel .

restart oscam then CCcam . this allows oscam to bind the card before CCcam .

any changes to configs in oscam will take effect upon restart of oscam .

you can access your webif by simply opening your browser & putting this in the address bar h??p://serverip:15000 .

Last edited:
This might be the part you have not done correct....

Upon putting all your settings together make sure you stop oscam then CCcam via the blue panel .

restart oscam then CCcam . this allows oscam to bind the card before CCcam .

any changes to configs in oscam will take effect upon restart of oscam .

i have oscam and cccam set up already. oscam is reading the card and i connect to it with cccam. but to get it to work after a reboot i have to stop cccam then restart card server for oscam to show up entitlements then start cccam again to clear channels.

i have oscam and cccam set up already. oscam is reading the card and i connect to it with cccam. but to get it to work after a reboot i have to stop cccam then restart card server for oscam to show up entitlements then start cccam again to clear channels.

It sounds like you have downloaded one of the earlier back up Images what everyone was posting Pli with Oscam with CCcam 2.1.3 it was a common problem that Cccam was starting before oscam and you had to keep doing it manualy.

There Is plenty Images that fixed the problem that might be the cause, I know I use the config above and have never had a problem...

mate i got a clean pli image and downloaded oscam as card server and cccam as softcam. the image itself i more complicated than dream elite. init.d controls the cam on pli. where as other images the scripts were easy.

Yes I have always downloaded images set up with Oscam and Cccam already in the pannel mate so never really had a problem.

Here is a start stop and anti crash Oscam Script but It just went straight over my head might be a good Idea to use native oscam and set up some accounts like the lads suggested anyway, much better way then you can set up anti cascading and a service list etc

Step 1:

Put your oscam binary to this path and name it like this:
Code:

/emu/oscam/oscam.x86

And put your all config files to this same folder:
Code:

/emu/oscam

Don't forget to give 755 permissions to oscam.x86:
Code:

chmod 755 /emu/oscam/oscam.x86

Step 2:

Create a script that will easily control start/stop of your oscam and name it oscript. I am using vi as editor. You can use any editor you wish:
Code:

vi /emu/oscam/oscript

and then paste this text to the file:
Code:

#!/bin/sh
CAMNAME="Oscam Server"
# end
# This method starts Oscam
start_cam ()
{
pkill -9 oscam.x86
sleep 2
/emu/oscam/oscam.x86 -c /emu/oscam &
}
# This method stops Oscam
stop_cam ()
{
pkill -9 oscam.x86
}
case "$1" in
start)
echo "[SCRIPT] $1: $CAMNAME"
start_cam
;;
stop)
echo "[SCRIPT] $1: $CAMNAME"
stop_cam
;;
restart)
echo "Restaring $CAMNAME"
stop_cam
sleep 7
start_cam
;;
*)
"$0" stop
exit 1
;;
esac
exit 0

* I prefer to run kill command before starting the oscam. Just in case oscam is already running when you execute start command.

Don't forget to give 755 permissions to oscript:
Code:

chmod 755 /emu/oscam/oscript

Create symbolic link so you can easily use this script from any location:
Code:

ln /emu/oscam/oscript /bin/oscript

Now you can simply start, stop or restart oscam from any directory by simply typing:
Code:

oscript start
oscript stop
oscript restart

Step 3:

Now you need a script that will control your Oscam and keep it running all the time. Create the script and name it check_os:
Code:

vi /emu/oscam/check_os

Don't forget to give 755 permissions to check_os script:
Code:

chmod 755 /emu/oscam/check_os

and then paste this text to the file:
Code:

#!/bin/bash
if ! ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c /emu/oscam/oscam.x86 >/dev/null
then
oscript start
echo `date "+%d/%m/%y %R process was not working"` >> /var/log/oscam_restart_log
# This part above will check if there is NO oscam process running.
# And if this condition it truth, it will start it and write to log.
# Log entry will contain time stamp and reason of execution (process not working)
# If first condition in not truth (oscam was running), go further to next condition.
elif
tail -8 /var/log/oscam.log |grep -v grep |grep -c ins40 >/dev/null
then
oscript restart
echo `date "+%d/%m/%y %R ins40 error detected"` >> /var/log/oscam_restart_log
elif
tail -8 /var/log/oscam.log |grep -v grep |grep -c trylock >/dev/null
then
oscript restart
echo `date "+%d/%m/%y %R trylock error detected"` >> /var/log/oscam_restart_log
# Those 2 conditions will look for 2 common errors in Oscam: "ins40" and "trylock"
# If last 8 lines of your oscam.log contain any of those errors, it will restart oscam.
# Log entries will include the exact reason of restart.
# ins40 error is random error that will keep oscam running but no CWs returned.
# trylock is older error that appear if you use CCcam protocol in oscam.server
else
echo "ok"
# If oscam passes all conditions and all is OK, it will simply echo "ok" :)
fi
# ENJOY - supermariocs

As you can see in the text, my oscam log is located in /var/log directory.
This means that you need this line in your "oscam.config" file:
Code:

logfile = /var/log/oscam.log

Also, every restart by this script will be recorded in this file:
Code:

/var/log/oscam_restart_log

It will include time stamp and reason for restart so you can have trace of it.

Step 4:

Now you need a crontab entry that will run all the time in the background and check your oscam status. I prefer to run it every 15 minutes, but you can change it of course:

Code:

vi /etc/crontab

and add this line:
Code:

*/15 * * * * root /emu/oscam/check_os >/dev/null

Step 5:

Add this line to your startup file. In Debian it is "/etc/rc.local"
Code:

/bin/oscript start &

Step 6:

ENJOY!!!

The issue is not oscam being installed, it is oscam having to be restarted.

a. if you want to just go for oscam, then have a read of The Dentist's thread. The crucuial things are contents of the config files.

b. If you want to do the combo of cams, Can you search for a file starting with "cardserver" and post the contents here.

I have also sent you a PM.

can some one help me how i can share my lines with my friends

Back