VU+ Duo oscam as client

thanks guys finally done it..got oscam working, literally took me 1 minute to setup..didnt know you had to convert the N line so converted that using the oscam converter..anyway finally got there ..thanks digi and abu for your patience...lol, now to try the latest oscam for my BH image...

maybe you could write a how to step by step guild for others..i think it would be really useful mate.

maybe you could write a how to step by step guild for others..i think it would be really useful mate.

Or you could just use this:

Attachments

• Oscam Config Creator.rar
    264.1 KB · Views: 68
  • CCcam-Converter_1.2.zip
    376.5 KB · Views: 61
its quite simple really (he says after struggling for ages LOL)..anyway im using it as a client on my VU+duo with BH 2.0.8 installed but should be the same for most images..anyway install the attached oscam to your enigma2 box, im writing this with refernce to my duo.

to install oscam unzip osam..copy oscam.ipk to "tmp" folder using a ftp client, i use flashfxp...press green, then yellow button on remote to manually install osacm.ipk file....vu duo will reboot...then open open ccam converter...copy and paste your C, F or N line into the box and save the osacm.server file to a place like your desktop...fire up flashfxp and goto etc/tuxbox/config folder...you should have 4 files in there...replace the osacm.server file in there with the one you saved on your desktop...overwrite all..exit flashfxp....reboot your box...restart oscam..blue button..navigate left or right and restart oscam...thats it watch tv now !...hope that helps

file HERE

Is there any advantages of oscam over say cccam,mgcamd

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

Is there any advantages of oscam over say cccam,mgcamd

There is with what is happening at present with the CW swap which only Oscam or i should say versions over 9036 can handle correctly, you may have heard of it recently with the Irish channels and some of the Kids channels shall we say playing funny beggars

I'll make the switch give it a test then see what I think

tryed the oscam when I try to change from cccam it just comes up wrong image in flash you need to install bh 2.0.4 Im using 2.0.8 I now have nothing uninstalled oscam and still the same no matter what I try I get> wrong image found in flash you have to install bh image in flash 2.0.4 I followed johnnys post and downloaded the file from above will I need to flash again

I am using a vix 808 image and oscam 1.20r9059 apart from that I have followed the install got the config and server files sorted but I cannot get oscam to start should i edit the user file

Did you give the binary permisdion 755?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4

got it working had to reflash, thanks for the guide johnny

done that and restarted enigma but oscam still not running
just

You have all the config files in var/tuxbox/config IIRC permission needs to be 644

The cam in USR/softcam needs to be 755.

Which image?

Vix 3.0 build 808
changed the files in etc/tuxbox/config to 644 but still cannot start oscam

Last edited:
done that and restarted enigma but oscam still not running
just

Are you sure its not running or is it just not clearing?

Try telnet into the box and issue a ps command,if its listed then its running,which would just mean your configs are wrong :)

hi wiz telnet ps gives PID TTY TIME CMD
1467 pts/0 00:00:00 sh
1497 pts/0 00:00:00 ps
when i open oscam info and show log I get error[errno 146] connection refused

telnet ps -A oscam is not listed

Last edited:
hi wiz telnet ps gives PID TTY TIME CMD
1467 pts/0 00:00:00 sh
1497 pts/0 00:00:00 ps
when i open oscam info and show log I get error[errno 146] connection refused

telnet ps -A oscam is not listed

If you can log on to the oscam webinfo then oscam is running,so must be your configs

If you stop oscam and then run it in telnet i.e. /usr/bin/oscam,depending on the path to your oscam,
what errors does it throw up?

I havent logged onto the webinfo (have I) i got the info from telnet

I typed cd /usr/softcams
ls
./OSCam.r9059 & and got segmentation fault OSCam.r9059

You said above about oscam info,I thought you meant oscam webinfo?

I havent logged onto the webinfo (have I) i got the info from telnet

I typed cd /usr/softcams
ls
./OSCam.r9059 & and got segmentation fault OSCam.r9059

Normally on a dreambox anyway oscam would not be named like that

It would usually just be oscam or at most oscam9059 etc,tbh I have no experience with VU boxes so can only relate to you what works on a dreambox

Back