VU+ Duo oscam as client

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys how do you install oscam as a client on a vu+duo with BH latest image ?. Im ok at installing mgcamd and cccam but cannot get oscam to work, ive installed THIS but cant get it to work..cheers

hi guys how do you install oscam as a client on a vu+duo with BH latest image ?. Im ok at installing mgcamd and cccam but cannot get oscam to work, ive installed THIS but cant get it to work..cheers

I found this,hope it helps.
Hi,
more or less it should look like this:
1. download oscam binaries
2. copy it to /var/bin path of your receiver
3. copy prepared oscam configuration files to /var/keys path
4. you can start oscam (in background) from telnet session by typing
/var/bin/oscam -b -c /var/keys >/dev/null 2>&1

then if you downloaded oscam version with web interface compiled you'll be able to connect to the server via web browser on to receiver's address and configured port from oscam.conf file.

Last edited:
Ok.guys..I 've downloaded vti image 6.0.5, the latest as it has oscams in there already, I've installed it on my duo but I'm having trouble getting any channels even free view, I've configured the tuner to just a fixed sky dish, downloaded rats channel updater, but getting anything..I get messege saying " check tuner configuration,,"...what am I doing wrong, ?..also I've downloaded one of the oscam cams, but there are no config files anywhere..so I cam enter my N line..any help how I set up my Nline ? Cheers

Lets get the FTA channel working first.

Do you have two satellite feeds?
What is tuner config for each tuner?

No just 1 feed , fixed sky dish...tuner config is set to simple , I know tuner config is correct cos I was using bh image beforr

Last edited:
If it is right, it would not be saying check tuner config.

The one with no feed what is that set to?

ive st both to simple 28.2 east, ill post a pic in a minute
Thats not right mate.

The one with the cable is fine. The one without should be set to "not configured" for sake of simplicity. However, you can set it to "loop through" to the one with cable so you get more usage out of it.

ok..ive backed up my perfectly working BH image..reloaded vti image, configured tuners to see pic...ran rats updater but still getting same meassge "service unavailable - check tuner configuration"...my only feed is connected to lnb input 1 at the back of my genuine duo..IMAG0901.jpg

Can you try with tuner B disabled? Reason: not all images support internal loop through.

Last edited:
lol nice that worked at least i have FTA working now about setting up oscam as client Abu..help please !:licka:

I've no experience of VTI images so can't help much. I'm sure that the ymod version now uses a different location for configs. Please await confirmation from others.

Are you converting a C line or N line?

what ever type of line you have you have to insert it as a reader in Oscam or OscamYmod for either of them to read it.

what ever type of line you have you have to insert it as a reader in Oscam or OscamYmod for either of them to read it.
yes thats fine the problem is i dont know how to do it...LOL..anyway ive gone back to blackhole and installed the oscam.ipk that abu sent me , currently im using mgcamd 1.38, which is working fine, but when i start the oscam obviously it wont work because it needs configuring which is where im having the problem of configuring..

ok i found the config files they are in etc/tuxbox/config and NOT in etc/keys as some suggested lol...anyway there are 4 files in there osacm.user, oscam.server, oscam.dvbapi and oscam.config so which file(s) do i edit ?

ok i found the config files they are in etc/tuxbox/config and NOT in etc/keys as some suggested lol...anyway there are 4 files in there osacm.user, oscam.server, oscam.dvbapi and oscam.config so which file(s) do i edit ?

I just set mine up mate,edit the oscam.conf so you can view the webif and then you can edit the rest from there.hope this helps

still none the wiser, do i need to edit each of those 4 files ?...and edit with what, how do i get my port number ?

thanks guys finally done it..got oscam working, literally took me 1 minute to setup..didnt know you had to convert the N line so converted that using the oscam converter..anyway finally got there ..thanks digi and abu for your patience...lol, now to try the latest oscam for my BH image...

Back