Orbital or Fracarro Penta?

Timbo

Member ++
Reaction score
I am going to be putting up my first dish and was wondering if anyone can tell me which would be better out of an Orbital (80cm) and a Fracarro Penta?

Are Fracarro Penta's any good? are they worth spending the extra £20? Are they just as easy to install as a standard dish?

I only want to spend about £60 on a dish.

Thanks for any input about these dishes.

I am going to be putting up my first dish and was wondering if anyone can tell me which would be better out of an Orbital (80cm) and a Fracarro Penta?

Are Fracarro Penta's any good? are they worth spending the extra £20? Are they just as easy to install as a standard dish?

I only want to spend about £60 on a dish.

Thanks for any input about these dishes.

the penta dishes get good reviews but you could get a gibertini 85cm for about £60 and even a 1m if you look hard enough, regards mdt

mdt is right although the cheapest penta i could find on the bay is £66 delivered and £75 for the Gibby, if you can go for the 1m then you should be able to pick up an Orbital for about the same price

there's a 1m gibertini on fleebay for 89 quid

Max size I can have on the house really is 80cm. How does the 85cm Penta look compared to an 80cm circular dish?

Or If I am going for a 85cm Penta would I be better looking to squeeze in a 85cm Gibertini? (arrghhhh the size increase is happening already!!!)

I doubt there would be much difference in the Penta 85 or the Gibby 85, i suppose at the end of the day cost comes into it and the Penta is slightly cheaper, There was a thread once from a few years ago that someone tested a penta 85 against a TD88 and the penta was marginally better. Obviously its not been pitted with the Gibby but they do have a very good reputation

So should I just forget the Orbital? or am I going OTT for my first dish and should just stick to a "cheap" 80cm Orbital Aluminium dish? (I am in the Midlands so will I be able to pick up all the channels for EPL?)

I"v got the gibetini 85cm and used it with a motor and now have it setup as a fixed dish with a multibracket for 13E,16E,19E & 23.5E and cant fault the dish.

Im using an orbital 1m with a tm 2600 motor... Picking up nilesat and bard4 ... Good dish and only paid £50 but i had to pick it up -- 20 mile drive.. Just an idea because you can pick up those dishes cheap and they peform well. You should be able to pick up the 80cm cheaper but if you can get away with it use the 1m

So should I just forget the Orbital? or am I going OTT for my first dish and should just stick to a "cheap" 80cm Orbital Aluminium dish? (I am in the Midlands so will I be able to pick up all the channels for EPL?)

The 80cm orbital aint cheap its the steel versions that are cheaper for the Aluminium Orbital version add £20+vat per dish on top of your price for a Steel version

Max size I can have on the house really is 80cm. How does the 85cm Penta look compared to an 80cm circular dish?

Or If I am going for a 85cm Penta would I be better looking to squeeze in a 85cm Gibertini? (arrghhhh the size increase is happening already!!!)

The Penta 85 doesn't measure 85cm btw, it's nearer 78cm...

I have a red brick one which i originally used on a Darkmotor, but is now used as for multi-sat on 13. 19.2, 23.5 and 28.2E and can't recommend it enough.

Last edited:
Mine was alluminium £50 1m

Yep my bad its my rip off wolesalers i just seen that they have reduced the price to match competitors now so its only a tenner difference still cheaper on the bay of all places. LOL

What about measurements from the top to the bottom and side to side? I saw somewhere they are over 90cm?

I've just been up the ladder with a tape to check and you're quite correct - Measured from rim to rim, its approx 90 x 99cm (H x W)

Wondering if i got the 78cm figure from the Penta 68 i used to have, sorry for any confusion...

Last edited:
i have just fitted a 1m orbital aluminium dish getting good strong signals coming in from all sats also have a 58 cm aluminium orbital fixed on 28.2 very pleased with both dishes from orbital

orbit dish is good when working but the plastic shrinks been back to nearly all i have installed and i wont use them now only Fracarro Penta and trix td 88 or td 110

gibertini or andrews if i had the choice as i dont like the look of the fracarro.... imho you wont do better than the gibby 85cm and a inverto black ultra for dish size/cash outlay, quality components that will last you years, regards mdt

gibertini or andrews if i had the choice as i dont like the look of the fracarro.... imho you wont do better than the gibby 85cm and a inverto black ultra for dish size/cash outlay, quality components that will last you years, regards mdt

Any idea where I can get an 85cm gibby from cheap like? I have read about polar mounts or summat - what are they? do I need one?

i got a gibby 1m that come with mount to mount to pole or in my case dark motor don't know if 85cm does though

Back