iPhone (orange) iphone 3gs

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys iv just bought a 3gs (MC637B) locked to orange on 4.3.1, baseband 05.16.02, now iv done a few jailbreaks over the years but never done an unlock, so can you guys tell me the best way to go about unlocking this phone, if indeed its possible, then jailbreaking it!

all help much appreciated! :proud:

thanks mate i'll have a look at that now!

with snowbreeze mate am i preserving the baseband while i jailbreak, im a little confused!

Last edited:
thanks mate i'll have a look at that now!

that might of been a wrong link mate
i would go with redsn0w to jailbreak it: Jailbreak 4.3.1 Untethered Redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 iPhone 4, 3G /iPod Touch 4G, 3G / iPad [How to Guide] - Jailbreak 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 Untethered - Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 PwnageTool 4.3

in redsn0w there is an option to update your baseband 06.15.00 using redsn0w: How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.02 Baseband with Ultrasn0w 1.2? | Jaxov

so with redsan0w you would choose "install cydia" and "install ipad baseband" when you jailbreak it
both processes will be done at the same time

then you will beable to use ultrasn0w to unlock it

Last edited:
that might of been a wrong link mate
i would go with redsn0w to jailbreak it: Jailbreak 4.3.1 Untethered Redsn0w 0.9.6rc9 iPhone 4, 3G /iPod Touch 4G, 3G / iPad [How to Guide] - Jailbreak 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 Untethered - Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12 PwnageTool 4.3

in redsn0w there is an option to update your baseband 06.15.00 using redsn0w: How to Unlock iPhone 3GS 05.16.02 Baseband with Ultrasn0w 1.2? | Jaxov

so with redsan0w you would choose "install cydia" and update to ipad baseband" when you jailbreak it
both processes will be done at the same time

then you will beable to use ultrasn0w to unlock it
haha ok mate, phewwwww glad i didnt start doing it!

Last edited:
in redsnow theres no option to upgrade baseband mate where i would click to install cydia, any ideas!

edit: iv got the wrong redsnow, and the links to Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 are dead, anyone send me it or a working link !

Last edited:
still the same mate, no extra settings to click, i must be missing something or not doing it correct, lol.

think you have the wrong firmware mate

4.3.1 (3GS): iPhone2,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw

thats the 1 you need, from here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

3,1- 4.3.1-8g4-restore this 1 you have is for iphone 4
arrrrrrr well yeah i think you could be right, ill let that download then see where i go from there, should be able to jailbreak it no bother, obviously just need them extra settings to show, then install ultrasnow from cydia and that will unlock, is that correct, redsnow says to stay away from itself if ya need to use ultrasnow to unlock!

all sorted kryton mate, jobs a good un, thanks very much for your time once again, went like a dream once i had the right firmware, lol!

much appreciated for the help matey!

all sorted kryton mate, jobs a good un, thanks very much for your time once again, went like a dream once i had the right firmware, lol!

much appreciated for the help matey!

anytime m8
glad its sorted

Back