iPhone Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I jail broke the misses iPhone 3GS some time ago and Im sure I downgraded the baseband (is that correct terminology??) I think I used the ipad baseband version 6.0 (10A403) it also says model MC133B modem firmware 05.13.04

Is it possible to jailbreak this untethered now or does it still need to be tethered? Either or, can someone point me in the right direction to get it sorted please?

Thanks!

Your almost correct mate but your getting your firmware and modem firmware mixed up.

Your firmware (version) is 6.0 (10A403)this is the iOS version that's installed on your phone.

The modem firmware is the baseband, this is what you would of downgraded to 05.13.04 from the iPad baseband 06.15.00
So you could unlock it or fix GPS issues maybe.

But the answer to your question is yes you can jailbreak IOS 6.0 untetherd using evasion: Jailbreak iOS 6 Untethered With Evasi0n [Windows / Mac / Linux] | Redmond Pie

Very easy to do, just follow the evasion on screen instructions.

Last edited:
Your almost correct mate but your getting your firmware and modem firmware mixed up.

Your firmware (version) is 6.0 (10A403)this is the iOS version that's installed on your phone.

The modem firmware is the baseband, this is what you would of downgraded to 05.13.04 from the iPad baseband 06.15.00
So you could unlock it or fix GPS issues maybe.

But the answer to your question is yes you can jailbreak IOS 6.0 untetherd using evasion: Jailbreak iOS 6 Untethered With Evasi0n [Windows / Mac / Linux] | Redmond Pie

Very easy to do, just follow the evasion on screen instructions.

Ideal will give it a go, just to make sure (as I think I did the downgrade baseband jobby to unlock the phone) can I use that Evasi0n method for untethered and the phone will still be unlocked for any sim card?

Thanks again :)

Ideal will give it a go, just to make sure (as I think I did the downgrade baseband jobby to unlock the phone) can I use that Evasi0n method for untethered and the phone will still be unlocked for any sim card?

Thanks again :)

Yes mate, just install ultrasn0w from cydia once you've jailbroke it and it will be unlocked .

Back