Opinions on Microsoft's plan to ban 2nd hand games working on 720

but it works so well for apple they been doing it for years
and I bet they have a free demo with every game so you can try it before you buy it to see if you like it
just hope the games come down in price with it though as it will cost them a lot less

Last edited:
There is precedent with PS3 games - for example the on-line code will only work for the original purchaser of the game. In the end it all comes down the way things are going with gameing in the cloud - what will you sell on then?

i think this is just a hype rumor. nothing factual

What really worries me is that my Fanatec equipment might not work.

Same old MS BS. They throw something out there and then gauge the reaction. I seem to remember the 360 slim had numerous rumors around backwards compatibility, which turned out to just be rumors after MS gauged the reaction and the threat of the PS3 (they kept backward compatibility in to the slim PS3's).. This one seems to have legs though. I'm hearing more and more support for MS..with the usual line..."Well if CEX can make money out of old games, why can't MS"..

I must admit as a dad on limited budget this worries me but like others have said before this is obviously where gaming is going.
Bring back the old spectrum 48k!

Sony could really come out on top with the PS4 if MS stick to this and Sony still allow 2nd hand games market to exist.

I just wonder whether they will still change there mind before launch date. Who knows it could be a bluff to see if Sony follow suit but maybe am giving MS to much credit lol.

Reminds me I need to sell a couple of games while I can still get a few bucks from them. I'll pre-order my PS4 in a couple of weeks.

if they can change it back that easy whats to stop em putting it back to how they planned once everyone has bought it lol,

Yup they've done a huge u-turn! It seems pressure from the people and fear of failure has forced ms to change :)

Knew MS would back down over this storm they've caused. I still believe they might have done this to see if Sony followed suit and if they did, then still change there mind as they have done.

Knew MS would back down over this storm they've caused. I still believe they might have done this to see if Sony followed suit and if they did, then still change there mind as they have done.

They were just testing the water for now. There is nothing stopping them implementing restrictions at some point in the future and I believe they will bow to pressure from the games companies (who were driving this change) and so will Sony.

I'd agree, i think in time this will happen but considering the current climate with no one having money and the economies the way they are across the world its just foolish to implement this at the current time.
I also think that if they want this to work then they need to reconsider the gaming prices and structures in regards to DLC and make it so the customer doesn't feel like they are being ripped off which indeed they are.

Back