Opinions on Microsoft's plan to ban 2nd hand games working on 720

krisxf

Inactive User
Reaction score
Personally, I think M$ have made a massive mistake if these rumours are true.
It will mean the end of rental games, swapping games with friends to try them out and being able to trade in your old ones.
Every game you buy you will be stuck with.

Personally, I think M$ have made a massive mistake if these rumours are true.
It will mean the end of rental games, swapping games with friends to try them out and being able to trade in your old ones.
Every game you buy you will be stuck with.

Be interesting to see if they do this, it already happens with ebooks.

But with early reports claiming that game developers are finding the 720 harder to program for than the PS4, surely M$ would be wiser to get potential customers on side and scrap this idea?

If they do this then its down to people to not buy the games and then they will soon reverse it but I very much doubt people would do this unfortunetly.
I think it will dent the sales of the actual console but over time they will get there money back through the extra millions of games people will buy at the full price of the game.
This will result in the game price remaining higher for longer as there will hardly be in any competition in prices especially from the second hand market.

id like to know why ms seems to be getting all the shit on this,when it was sony who patented the tech,cant see it happening to be honest

Hi, i cant see it happening to be honest but if it does its going to ne a big mistake on ms or sony, lots of people buy a game and finish it in a week or 2 then trade it in for a good price so they can get the next latest game for maybe £10 with the part exchanged game, people cant afford to pay £45 for every single game, the 2nd hand game market is huge, just have to wait and see i suppose but imo its a bad move,

I personnal think this is just a rumor, surely to god someone in the M$ think tank would relize this would end xbox.

Pathetic Idea I would never buy a console under them condition's and I dont think anyone with a brain would, most kids cry for a game realize after 2 hours it sucks so trade them on.

It would never work IMHO what a crock !!!

Why on earth would anyone ever buy a console that you can't buy used games for what do M$ think that we are all as rich as Bill Gates?

it wont catch on. first console to introduce it will send people to the other. ps to xbox or vice versa

I think it will keep the values up on the 360 as the casual gamers will stick with it. There will be something absolutely amazing required with the 720 to get me to upgrade and then toss all my old games. Also if the 720 requires Xbox live, I see myself getting a pc to play on.

Steam use an always on internet connection and have pretty much removed pirated games and they do very well, if you purchase say EA games you have to buy a new game to play online or you have to buy a pass with MS monopoly money. I cant see them removing second hand games because the shops like game and others sell hardware there is no way MS are going to alienate shops with this because they need them to sell hardware for them. What will happen is restricted content like multiplayer unless you buy a pass or a new copy of the game

Will never happen, but if it does my 360 consoles will be up for sale asap, and I will never buy another xbox again......

My son uses grainger games every weekend swapping games over and finding ones he likes.

Sad day for kids all over the UK if they do this...............

I hear with the Xbox Super 1440, you wont not only be able to play second hand games, but you won't also be able to sell the console on or allow someone else to be the primary player. Microsoft will be tagging each console to the user by placing a small pairing device behind each users ear, just under the skin.

it will be a massive mistake it will make companies like game and so on go out of business the game industry will fail every game we buy we will have to keep thats just stupid because everyone at some point gety bored of games they buy so they go and trade it in silly idea if you ask me .

It is worth bearing in mind that project Shield from Nvidia is looking good. A console from the people that make the graphics cards is making waves. Even Steam, with the Steam box. Seeing as Mshaft tried to force code on them have developed a box.

I'm assuming both M and S see the second hand games market as a piece of pie they won't get. Totally agree on the 2 day completion of most games. For some of them it's the same game regurgitated with different decals. Last time I jumped straight in and was one of the must have the latest console. This time round I'm gonna wait.

Seems a bit stupid to me to stop selling second hand games.. A lot of shops would end up closing as they make quite a margin of that..

also heard there will be no backward compatibility as well :eek:( Looking like a lot of people will be going to ps4.

if they ban 2nd hand games im going back to PS

They tried doing this with BF3

Last edited by a moderator:
Back