One or two general spidy box questions.

regenold

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum but been on sat forums in general for about a year now. My primary box is vu+ duo and I know where to go to keep up to date etc but my dad is using a spiderbox I gave him and have come across two others locally using spiderbox so thought it would be worth spending some time getting familiar with them again.

Apologies to the Mod if this breaches forum rules but don't think it does.
I bought my box from ***** and so my logical start point for looking for the best and greatest for this box was to find the online home of say Darkman / Boxer 26 and see what they have posted recently, or, find the most active spiderbox section out of all the top sat hobbist forums and stick with that.
I've struggled to find much action on the spiderbox front especially compared to the open source linux boxes which have active sections on most forums.
The reason I signed up here though was that this section seemed promising and was worth signing up for and then to have a general poke around as you can never have too much info at your disposal. So, I'm going to add digitalworldz to my list of forums that eat up my time while I should be doing at least several other tasks, but, if anyone could pm with any offsite sources for spiderbox support I would appreciate it.
I found this site h**p://www.spiderbox.tv/ that has software downloads available and was wondering if these sources come with the added network menu options and if so are they limited to the "gift"? I've had my Spiderbox 9000 HD combo for about a year and it was the right tool for the job at the price but it is obviously no enigma 2 box, but I would like to get it as close to that as possible. I don't have a motorised setup, the appeal for me was saorview and freesat and an ability to add a c*i*e if I so wished, but I wonder if I could still apply for the gift as I have never used it? And whether it would be of any use using a s*y dish with universal lnb (If it was worth it I could align the dish for an alternate satellite if the package was worth it)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Reg.

Hi all, new to this forum but been on sat forums in general for about a year now. My primary box is vu+ duo and I know where to go to keep up to date etc but my dad is using a spiderbox I gave him and have come across two others locally using spiderbox so thought it would be worth spending some time getting familiar with them again.

Apologies to the Mod if this breaches forum rules but don't think it does.
I bought my box from ***** and so my logical start point for looking for the best and greatest for this box was to find the online home of say Darkman / Boxer 26 and see what they have posted recently, or, find the most active spiderbox section out of all the top sat hobbist forums and stick with that.
I've struggled to find much action on the spiderbox front especially compared to the open source linux boxes which have active sections on most forums.
The reason I signed up here though was that this section seemed promising and was worth signing up for and then to have a general poke around as you can never have too much info at your disposal. So, I'm going to add digitalworldz to my list of forums that eat up my time while I should be doing at least several other tasks, but, if anyone could pm with any offsite sources for spiderbox support I would appreciate it.
I found this site h**p://www.spiderbox.tv/ that has software downloads available and was wondering if these sources come with the added network menu options and if so are they limited to the "gift"? I've had my Spiderbox 9000 HD combo for about a year and it was the right tool for the job at the price but it is obviously no enigma 2 box, but I would like to get it as close to that as possible. I don't have a motorised setup, the appeal for me was saorview and freesat and an ability to add a c*i*e if I so wished, but I wonder if I could still apply for the gift as I have never used it? And whether it would be of any use using a s*y dish with universal lnb (If it was worth it I could align the dish for an alternate satellite if the package was worth it)?

Thanks for any feedback.

Reg.

The answer to your main question is have you ever patched it? if you have the the gift started the first time you connected to the internet and may well have expired if you patched it over a year ago.
Yes you can use it with a sky dish.
I would not recommend using a sky dish for other that 28.2e, 19.2e and 13e as these give a strong signal, to get the best a motorized system with an 80cm ~ 1mtr dish would be the best option.
I have a 9000 combo and it's a great receiver using both Ethernet and CCcam and working well.
All the software for the Spiderbox receivers is available here and as it's working well at this time just use the latest patch and softkey.

Back