One of Life's Mysteries.

nara

Who?
VIP Member
Reaction score
A Football referee might change a penalty or sending-off decision after consulting with one of his Assistants or VAR, but have you ever, EVER, seen one change a decision as the result of being surrounded with angry arguing players? More likely someone will get a yellow card if the ref gets pissed off enough.

So why do they do it? Are they soft in the head? I remember a few years ago that there was talk of stamping down on it, but I don't see any change.

Annoys the fook out of me. I watched the replay of Liverpool v Chelsea today. The ref was surrounded by angry Chelsea players following the penalty/red card decision. He had little choice other than dish out a couple of yellow cards.

Then what do they do? They surround him again after Mo Salah scores from the penalty!! What did they want him to do? Cancel the goal?? Bunch of spoilt brats and I'm not having a dig at only Chelsea players, they all do it.

To add some drama?.. Maybe they think it'll make the referee think twice when the next decision comes along?

Back