Old Xbox 360 with iextreme 1.4 need some advice!

gizmoworld

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive been cleaning out my attic, and found my old 360, well i knew it was there but havent used it in about 3- 4 years due to starting a family etc. Anyway im going to give it to my little bro who is 8 years old. when i flashed it i used the old sata cable, VIA chipset I also found my 360 files slaxcd, firmware toolbox 4.0 , iextreme 1.4 fw etc etc, which are obviously well outdated. Anyway got around 200 games for him but there all old games, and he would like to play new releses so basicaly I would like to know how to upgrade to the latest fw, and what is the latest fw for this (as i noticed after doing a search that u get 360 slim fw) Im sure my drive is an Hitachi 059. Can I update to the newest fw using the same method of the sata cable etc. Any help much appreciated. I will do some looking about myself, but ive just had another baby 7 weeks ago and having time on the pc is nothing like it used to be lol thanx again Regards Dunc.

Check out what version dashboard you have on it.
Chances are you will be able to do the jtag hack.
Read up on how to jtag and what it will give you.

Also chances are its an hitachi drive so LT1.1 for these drives. I would be interested into JTAG if i was you

definite jtag if its below console settings on dashbord version 7371 or lower m8

thanks guys gave it to my bro just now, but will get it back to update it. will have a read up on the jtag when i have abit of time. thanks again

Make sure he doesn't connect it to live and run any updates until you've had a chance to check the dashboard!

Back