Old CRT Tv's

Joe1989

Inactive User
Reaction score
My gran (whos coming close to being 70ish) wants a new tv (hers is playing up) but she dosnt want a flat screen.

Leaving me with the problem of finiding her a CRT TV somewhere, anyone got any ideas where if any sell old stock tv's?

I was told about a warehouse that deals with redundent tvs ect but i cant find it anywhere on the net

cheers for any help

p.s. its the glasgow aera

get the local free ads type thing, or, localbargainfinder which searches ebay for local 'pickup only' deals, always loads of CRT tellys for pennies if you collect, as theyre too big to send, and people try ebay before going to the tip with them

Community shop: Emmaus House, 101 Ellesmere Street, Glasgow G22 5QT; Solidarity Shop: 576 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, G11 6RH; Duke St Shop: 523-525 Duke Street, Glasgow G31 1DL
Phone: Community shop: 0141 353 3903, Solidarity Shop: 0141 342 4089, Duke Street Shop: 0141 550 0032
[email protected]

Might be better to convince her of the benefits of LCD, like way lower electricity usage, clearer better quality picture.

Just get her an Lcd telly,she will soon see the benefits,and hopefully not moan too much..lol

Failing that try" Recap" wont be new but still good crts to be found there

Cheers guys,

Yeah i tryed to convice her about an LCD but shes no having it haha.

I'll have a look at all of the above!

cheers! :banana:

Just buy her an Lcd for Xmas present I'm sure she wont throw it back in your face if it's a present and you tell her she wont need to use two remote's and have a freeview box as well as it is built in.

Just put an LCD in front of her old telly. "There look, its got a back on it, its one of them CRT ones."

Stick the cardbourd box that the LCD came in to the back of the LCD.

N.B Make sure you create vents holes in the box lol.

There is usual TV in Gumtree, I think there is one Glasgow South side. The CRT's are often free for pick up.

I got one that i been trying to get rid of for ages. Bloody thing dont break down lol. Shame im in london.

Better picture with LCD over CRT???? Why do professionals still use CRT monitors.

Better picture with LCD over CRT???? Why do professionals still use CRT monitors.

what professionals are they then? I dont think there is any valid argument that CRT is the better technology that will stand up. I am interested in your opinion on this though

Back