Ok got my VU+ duo but which is best motorised dish to get

White Van Man

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have my Vu+ duo and is a very happy chappy.But could not afford to get motorised dish at the same time so just connected to sly dish for now.I take it 90cm would be ok i need to install on chinney so want a black one to blend in a little bit but not sure which one or make to get any ideas please

Congratulations on getting your VU+ duo m8.

I would reconsider putting a 90cm dish on your chimney though, when the winds blow (and they will) i do not think your breast will be strong enough to support the weight of a motorised dish setup. The dish needs to be below your roof line as well.
I am sure others here will give you more advice, i would go for a 1m (100cm) and look to mount it on a main wall (if needed you could use a pole to rise it above your guttering).

best of luck @manx

I would reconsider putting a 90cm dish on your chimney though, when the winds blow (and they will) i do not think your breast will be strong enough to support the weight of a motorised dish setup. The dish needs to be below your roof line as well.
I am sure others here will give you more advice, i would go for a 1m (100cm) and look to mount it on a main wall (if needed you could use a pole to rise it above your guttering).

best of luck @manx

Thanks for the advice but the way the house is situated i have no choice to fit it to the chimney.It is quiet a old house and does have a large chimney block which is about 5ft wide and by 5ft and about 4ft high soilid brick from when they use to have the coal fires if you know what i mean.its a east facing house so needs to go up that high to get all the 3 sats.

Thanks for the advice but the way the house is situated i have no choice to fit it to the chimney.It is quiet a old house and does have a large chimney block which is about 5ft wide and by 5ft and about 4ft high soilid brick from when they use to have the coal fires if you know what i mean.its a east facing house so needs to go up that high to get all the 3 sats.

m8 if i was you i wouldnt advice putting it on the chimney brest i am in a old terreace house with the old brick chimney brest, and i wouldnt dream of putting it on there, what about your back garden, on a very high pole mount cemented into the ground, it would be more solid

best of luck @manx

m8 if i was you i wouldnt advice putting it on the chimney brest i am in a old terreace house with the old brick chimney brest, and i wouldnt dream of putting it on there, what about your back garden, on a very high pole mount cemented into the ground, it would be more solid

Yes i thought of that but have 3 very large trees in the way so that is out of the question

what about the front garden m8, i have mine on my front wall
not possible all sky dishes fixed at back of houses no garden wall to attach to and would only have front of house left to put it and then would need to be on a very long pole to clear roof line it would look a eye sore

not possible all sky dishes fixed at back of houses no garden wall to attach to and would only have front of house left to put it and then would need to be on a very long pole to clear roof line it would look a eye sore

what about one of these on your chimney brest then,

Wave Frontier 55cm dish

frontier.jpg

Wave frontier 55cm dish allows you to mount up to ten LNB's up to 40 degrees apart. Test results from this dish have been amazing. No more waiting for your dish to move. You can now have instant switching between all selected satellites.

The dish is supplied with 5 LNB holders, extra LNB holders are available at £5 each

or this one

Wave Frontier 90cm dish

frontier.jpg

Wave frontier 90cm dish allows you to mount up to sixteen LNB's up to 46 degrees apart. Test results from this dish have been amazing. No more waiting for your dish to move. You can now have instant switching between all selected satellites.

The dish is supplied with 5 LNB holders, extra LNB holders are available at £5 each

what do you think m8, a bit more expensive, but less strain on the chimney brest

whitevanman where abouts do you live, my m8 is a qualified experienced sat installer for the manchester area, he could have a look and let you know if poss and do the job for you for a certain price, let me know m8

what about one of these on your chimney brest then,

Wave Frontier 55cm dish

frontier.jpg

Wave frontier 55cm dish allows you to mount up to ten LNB's up to 40 degrees apart. Test results from this dish have been amazing. No more waiting for your dish to move. You can now have instant switching between all selected satellites.

or this one

Wave Frontier 90cm dish

frontier.jpg

Wave frontier 90cm dish allows you to mount up to sixteen LNB's up to 46 degrees apart. Test results from this dish have been amazing. No more waiting for your dish to move. You can now have instant switching between all selected satellites.

what do you think m8, a bit more expensive, but less strain on the chimney brest

i will have to look into this one not heard of these before

whitevanman where abouts do you live, my m8 is a qualified experienced sat installer for the manchester area, he could have a look and let you know if poss and do the job for you for a certain price, let me know m8
thanks for the offer but have a freind that has installed a few dishes before but if i have trouble then i will give you a shout.cheers m8

yes after loads of reading chinney not best place so going with the idea of large T and k breackets 18inch but need a very tall mast of say 13ft for 1 meter moterised dish i was thinking of a scaffolding pole as i would need strong one going up that height with some sort of wire strapping to support movement.i would like to have a galvemised one if i can get hold of one

if you need a 13foot pole I would go for aluminium hell of a lot lighter and easier to handle if you know of a scfolding firm nearby they would sell you one noprobs good luck plonker

Back