Nvidia Shield

I use to have an MX2 which had 25mbps ethernet and 50mbps wireless. :)

My Nvdia shield hardwired speed lower than wifi speed....wtf?????
Shields have a gigabit Ethernet connection. Try a different ethernet cable and it should be cat 5e or 6 and you have to have a gigabit router. Not sure what speed your internet is though.

Last edited:
Shields have a gigabit Ethernet connection. Try a different ethernet cable and it should be cat 5e or 6 and you have to have a gigabit router. Not sure what speed your internet is though.
It's got a cat 6 and I'm on 350meg but getting around 20 - 40......

It's got a cat 6 and I'm on 350meg but getting around 20 - 40......
I would try an another cable and as I mentioned the shield has a gigabit port and it should hitting well over 300mb.
My device has gigabit port and is hard wired and it maxes out my internet speed. I’m using a cat5e cable.

Just confirmed...2 cat 6 cables...Virmin shithub to Asus router and router to Nvidia Shield. But just swapped Nvidia cable into gaming port on router and speed gone way up.

Just confirmed...2 cat 6 cables...Virmin shithub to Asus router and router to Nvidia Shield. But just swapped Nvidia cable into gaming port on router and speed gone way up.
I just a have cable straight from Virmin hub to my device and my speed is maxed out. Do you just use the hub as a modem.

Still not right....85Mbps on a 500Mps connection....
Definitely not right. If it was me I would run a cable directly from the Virmin hub in router mode to the shield and see what speed you get. If the speed is the same then it’s the hub or the shield. Do you have another device you can hard wire to test the speed on that. Also you said you had 350mb connection but on your last post you said 500mb.

Back