now totally p**sed off with my dish

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
well today finally got to getting my dish back up and running which was great until went to turn it :Angryfire:Angryfire crunch crunch went the motor

so back up the ladder pulled motor off stripped it down and guess what 1 of the cogs has snapped most of its teeth :Angryfire:Angryfire so now need to order a new motor

then had nice new lnb to put on her could i get the lnb flange off could i hell now with the old channel master dishes being scares didnt want to snap it so had to leave old lnb be on :Angryfire:Angryfire

god i hate old dishes

forgot to add the main question does anyone know where there is a parts supply for the old channel master dishes

yeh this one been set up for years but since baby was anounced year or so ago she was left so today was only really a service to get her back to working order

if you mean the fiberglass channel master they changed there name try satellitesuperstore for parts ? i had same problem with a channel master recently do you mean the flange that hold on the lnb the screws on the the one i was working on seemed rusted on but a bit of pressure and the screw insert came out with the screw and they refitted ok

thanks alex did try but too worried incase snap it lol
sat superstore are askikng stupid money for there parts

is the el1224 motor still avilable on the market or has it been scrapped

I fink I'd scrap the motor and grab a new Technomate 2600 or something similar.

I grabbed a TM2600 motor for £25 on eBay, it was "used" but had never been installed and was still in the packaging. :)

I fink I'd scrap the motor and grab a new Technomate 2600 or something similar.

I grabbed a TM2600 motor for £25 on eBay, it was "used" but had never been installed and was still in the packaging. :)

i dont think they can be fitted to a channel master mate

its a shame they dont fit the channel master,im thinkin of doing away with my
tm 2600 and gettin a triple lnb and holder

yeh the channel masters were and to a point are still great dishes but they require such specific parts it unreal now i know how classic car restorers feel

Back