Now the cams playing up

Not yet, does it need the serial cable or will the usb one on its own do to read the bk off a mosc?

Tried reading with nagra4.1, get this:

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 30 20 52 65 76 41 38 36 44
ROM Revision: 010
EEPROM Revision: RevA86
ProviderID: 55
CamID: 24 6B AD DB
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
Attempting to login to BD3
BackDoor login verified
Dumping Dataspace
Backdoor retrieval has been blocked
Attempting to login to BD0
Unable to login, bad password detected
Login attempt aborted
Reading ROM10 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

tried the usual bd key, but no luck, so tried with xncs and get this:

Opening of port was sucessfull.
ATR=3FFF9500FF918171A04700444E4153503031302052657641383644
Info=DNASP010 RevA86
Retrieving card info...
Card info retrieved :)
Dumping card,try #0.
Dumping card,try #1.
Dumping card,try #2.
Dumping card,try #3.
Couldnt Dump Card...

looks like its a locked card, haven't got an unlooper, never needed one. Think i'll write a fun with the default cam bk, is a fun4 ok? Also do I need to reverse the cam bk when creating the exteep?

it's not streamlocked or it wouldnt have passed bd3 - it's probably an emulator card that you need to use winex and a script to read

Tried reading with nagra4.1, get this:

Opening of COM1 was successful
ATR String: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 A0 47 00 44 4E 41 53 50
30 31 30 20 52 65 76 41 38 36 44
ROM Revision: 010
EEPROM Revision: RevA86
ProviderID: 55
CamID: 24 6B AD DB
Using BD3 Key: 4E 69 70 50 45 72 20 49 73 20 61 20 62 75 54 74
BackDoor login verified
Dumping Dataspace
Backdoor retrieval has been blocked
Login attempt aborted
Reading ROM10 failed
Closing of COM1 was successful

tried the usual bd key, but no luck, so tried with xncs and get this:

Opening of port was sucessfull.
ATR=3FFF9500FF918171A04700444E4153503031302052657641383644
Info=DNASP010 RevA86
Retrieving card info...
Card info retrieved :)
Dumping card,try #0.
Dumping card,try #1.
Dumping card,try #2.
Dumping card,try #3.
Couldnt Dump Card...

looks like its a locked card, haven't got an unlooper, never needed one. Think i'll write a fun with the default cam bk, is a fun4 ok? Also do I need to reverse the cam bk when creating the exteep?

fun 4 sould be ok

bk - normal.....only ird i've ever known reversed and u just make up one of these.

XNCS 1.8 may be able to get into the card

thats what the second output is from m8 - his card is probably an unprinted opos or tit2 - ideally those shoudl dump with nagradit 4.1 but not all do - they all dump with the winex script

Thanks wonko, managed to read the card with winex, it's the default cam bk, which I used to write a fun. The fun did nothing, left it in for an hour, think I'll try to reflash the cam with a fun5, see if that does anything. If it doesn't I'll take it to get tested as I'll be over there with work this week, if they say it's fine I guess it's down to the cam slot on the floppydtv card.

Finally made it over the bridge and had the cam tested, it was shafted. So I now have a new viaccess zeta blue with original firmware and a cas3+ programmer, how do I go about getting joker on it?

It depends on the version of the zeta blue u have, if its the new one then you have to repair tracks to flash it or use a funcard, if its the old one than u can just get an image and flash in CAS studio. I believe people say joker 80 is better than 79 but i dunno where to get it.

Do I follow the instruction in the cas studio manual for the neotion cams ie put the J card in the cam, insert the cam into cam slot connect the 20pin wire from jcard into cas3 unit, start cas studio and then plug usb into the cas3, select cam in the cas studio, find the zeta cam, click connect and look for a green light?

programming zeta, icecrypts etc with cas 3 are fiddly, i managed to kill so many cards like dat as you playing with the inside not knowing and i ended up short circuting them, strangely had some smoke of my cas 3 too hmmmm not good.

Evetuallly i went on ebay and bought one from there. The person i got it from seems to be selling more on ebay at present. He is selling icecrypt with joker 0.79.

Got two from him before and they are top notch.

Thanks

I've just bought a new zeta & cas3 so spending more cash isn't an option at the moment, I had a look Monday on ebay for a cam with joker on it, but, it wasn't there then.

ah ok yeah it seems looking that the date he put them up only yesterday.

Well i was in the same situation as you few months back. Luckily the person i got the cas 3 and the card on ebay took it back, although i had to make it out it was faulty and wanted full refund which i got it evetually.

Give it a try am sure you can get it to work provided you know its not a new version of zeta cam which cant be flashed.

Sorry couldnt help ya as i have not managed to flash any of this card via cas 3 other den returning all i had and buying pre-flashed, saved alot of hassles.

Thanks

Just to say a big thanks to all who have helped me finally get my htpc running. Of the original Floppydtv, zeta blue cam & mosc I bought off fleabay only the mosc survives after the other 2 blew up. Hit a bit of a snag with the new zeta cam not reading in the cas3, turned out the tracks were cut. The tut on this was a great help and the soldering not as difficult as I first thought it would be. Anyway it's up n running, just need to fiddle with mediaportals epg settings and hopefully all is well.
Many thanks to all who helped.
Jammy

Back