Now the cams playing up

Jammy75

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm not having much luck with the equipment, bought a floppydtv, zeta blue with joker 0.79 & a card off ebay. All worked on initial test, took it out, left it till htpc build was finished. Then the floppydtv died (as mentioned in previous posts), bought a new one which has picked up most if not all the channels. Trouble is it's not decoding anymore, I'm using firedtv viewer which came with the card, sometimes the cam option is greyed, others it lets me in, but doesn't show any cam, the cam interface software also dosen't show any cam. Using the support tool I've got the following info:

Digital Everywhere Support Report: (1. 0. 8. 0)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Generated on (Y/M/d): 2009.07.22

FireDTV / FloppyDTV devices:
devices found: 1

Status for device 1
Model : FloppyDTV C/CI
GUID : 0x0012872602011686
HW Ver.: 01.26.02
FW Ver.: 2.4.0 Build 51440
Driver : 4.8.0

Frontend Status:
Frequency.: 0 kHz, Sig.Str.: 0%, BER: 16160
Locked : NO

CAM Module: Š

Windows System Information:
OS Path: C:\WINDOWS

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (Build: 2600)

OHCI Controller:
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
Description: Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Windows Hotfixes:
KB896626: not installed
KB885222: not installed

I'm thinking the whole lots dead and not just the original floppydtv card. Anyone have any ideas, could it just need the firmware reflashing using a funcard?

Thanks,
Jammy75

not sure about the zeta but im using a diablo with mine and it works no prob at all not sure if this is any help to though

I'm not having much luck with the equipment, bought a floppydtv, zeta blue with joker 0.79 & a card off ebay. All worked on initial test, took it out, left it till htpc build was finished. Then the floppydtv died (as mentioned in previous posts), bought a new one which has picked up most if not all the channels. Trouble is it's not decoding anymore, I'm using firedtv viewer which came with the card, sometimes the cam option is greyed, others it lets me in, but doesn't show any cam, the cam interface software also dosen't show any cam. Using the support tool I've got the following info:

Digital Everywhere Support Report: (1. 0. 8. 0)
Generated on (Y/M/d): 2009.07.22

FireDTV / FloppyDTV devices:
devices found: 1

Status for device 1
Model : FloppyDTV C/CI
GUID : 0x0012872602011686
HW Ver.: 01.26.02
FW Ver.: 2.4.0 Build 51440
Driver : 4.8.0

Frontend Status:
Frequency.: 0 kHz, Sig.Str.: 0%, BER: 16160
Locked : NO

CAM Module: Š

Windows System Information:
OS Path: C:\WINDOWS

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows XP, Service Pack 3 (Build: 2600)

OHCI Controller:
Manufacturer: Texas Instruments
Description: Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller

Windows Hotfixes:
KB896626: not installed
KB885222: not installed

I'm thinking the whole lots dead and not just the original floppydtv card. Anyone have any ideas, could it just need the firmware reflashing using a funcard?

Thanks,
Jammy75

probably the img on the smartcard....what r u using fun or mosc?

where in wales u from as i'm from wales maybe my img that's working fine will work on urs.

cheers

I'm using the card that came with the package off fleabay, its all white, think it's a mosc, I normally use funs so can't be sure. I haven't altered anything on it yet as I can only find the usb wire for the infinity/phoenix programmer, only doing funs I didn't need the serial one. I'm from Cardiff, not sure how it differs from your region. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does the cam part of the support report look right to you, have some strange symbols going on there?

Thanks

I'm using the card that came with the package off fleabay, its all white, think it's a mosc, I normally use funs so can't be sure. I haven't altered anything on it yet as I can only find the usb wire for the infinity/phoenix programmer, only doing funs I didn't need the serial one. I'm from Cardiff, not sure how it differs from your region. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Does the cam part of the support report look right to you, have some strange symbols going on there?

Thanks

net id 00004 is also my area therefore i have a working img i use on both mosc and as the eeprom on a fun 5.....if ur using a mosc u may need to change the dates.....got a fun u can use.....whats the cam bk? is it the default joker?

I think it is, can't be sure as I don't know how to read the bk once its on the cam, have tried with the firedtv view ci interface, but, it did show any cam. I have a fun spare, think it's a fun 5, if you could pm me the files it would be great.

Thanks

I think it is, can't be sure as I don't know how to read the bk once its on the cam, have tried with the firedtv view ci interface, but, it did show any cam. I have a fun spare, think it's a fun 5, if you could pm me the files it would be great.

Thanks

take the card out....insert the cam only in the floppy, install an app like mytheatre, ritzdvb, . these apps allow u to read the bk of the cam, u will need this for the img....or read ur mosc with nagraedit

Most likely wrong here but is the cam in the correct way up (mine faces downwards, the blue zetacam sticker), as you say right click on the tv screen/view/conditional access module - mine shows within seconds, boxkey etc, just a thought.

Double checked the cam, it'll only go in the one way. I'll have a go at reading the card or cam tomorrow, would mediaportal be able to read the bk off the cam? Already have it installed.

Double checked the cam, it'll only go in the one way. I'll have a go at reading the card or cam tomorrow, would mediaportal be able to read the bk off the cam? Already have it installed.

no

2 things - you have given the floppydvb card power? - they will run without it but not well - and have you contacted digital eeverywhere's support as i had one that behaved in a similar way (due to me being an idiot and pluggin in the cable wrong in a cramped case) - i contacted them - admitted rsponsibilty and asked how much a repair would cost - they replaced it under warrenty - it only cost me the tenner or so postage

lots of people from wales here yeah im from bridgend anyway i use dvbviewer to access my diablo and change config file also try using the firewire lead the other way round using the second port maybe a bad firewire port

Hello
The card has power and I have it running the free to air channels, all the cables have no kinks and there's plenty of space. I tried mytheatre, it just says no cam under the cam interface option with the cam inserted with or without card in the cam. Might be a trip to Bristol.

try dvbviewer pro mate i have a bought copy and i find i realy good and like i said it accepted the diablo with no probs at all and you can use dvblink to view in mce if you want to try dvbviewer and like it i got all plugins etc as i have an account just let me know

Hello
The card has power and I have it running the free to air channels, all the cables have no kinks and there's plenty of space. I tried mytheatre, it just says no cam under the cam interface option with the cam inserted with or without card in the cam. Might be a trip to Bristol.

have u got the ci interface box checked in the settings in mytheatre?

The ci interface box is checked, I get the felling when the first floppydtv card died it took the cam with it. There's a zeta blue on fleabay, but its a connax not viaccess, would it be flashable to joker?

The ci interface box is checked, I get the felling when the first floppydtv card died it took the cam with it. There's a zeta blue on fleabay, but its a connax not viaccess, would it be flashable to joker?

what does mytheatre say during install ci slot 1 and slot 2 not installed?

try taking the cam in and out on ci interface page

the cam is unlikely to be fried....connax, viaccess is just the types of encryption the cam can handle....it the chipset thats important it's neotion.

the new zetas have be disabled to switch to a jokercam....2 tracks cut - there are procedures around how to fix this though..

Last edited:
Can't remember what it said when I installed it, when I turn it on with the camn inserted, it looks for cam then says ci slot 1 empty, doesn't mention anything about a slot 2, pulling the cam in & out on the ci page does nothing.

Back