now I'm upgraded too Rogero CEX4.30_V1.03 can I use PlayStation online?

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morning......

Right followed the the tuts that have been posted (Thanks chaps) and I'm quite happily sitting on the new CFW Rogero_CEX4.30_V1.03. (i have noticed that a few of the far right icons display Demo Mods yet according to the link - Removed all the Demo Mode nodes from XMB (No more demonstration mode messages).

I also noticed that come with the "mega pack" a PlayStation_Home_Fix.

So having a look on the dashboard (I know I call it as dash board but I get that from the 360 section..lol)

So I'm wondering If I can load it and have a log in?

I now have the following tabs on my dash.

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

EDIT:

Just seen this on the downloads link:

Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.04 PlayStation Home Fix ( Clicked 5734 times )
Rogero CEX-4.30 v1.04 PlayStation Home Fix ( Clicked 3331 times )

Just Install and Run this package to have a working PlayStation Home Icon under the TV/Video Category.

Now I had run that package but under "Video/TV" nothing is listed other than "showtime"

I also see on the downloads section that there's a "multiMAN ver 04.11.11 BASE CEX (20121111).pkg Released by DeanK"

and it says downloads and run it, I'm just downloading it and then I'll run it see if get's rid of the demo mode.

v1.04
- Removed all the Demo Mode nodes from XMB (No more demonstration mode messages).
- Added some fixes to the PUP to eliminate many "Data Corrupted" messages from different installation methods.
- Updated the PlayStation Home Fix Package to v1.04, Now PS Home Icon will be installed to the TV/Video Category.

Cheers

Last edited:
Re: now I'm upgraded too Rogero_CEX4.30_V1.03 can i use PlayStation_Home_Fix online?

OK I have down loaded and run the following:

PlayStation_Home_Fix_V1.04 - This how now put the icon under the video options. If I run it it just tells me that I need to be connected to the PSN network.

I have also downloaded and run multiMAN ver 04.11.11 BASE CEX (20121111) to apparently get rid of some of the icons displaying "can't be run in demo mode" but they still say the same.

over to you guys....

Re: now I'm upgraded too Rogero_CEX4.30_V1.03 can i use PlayStation_Home_Fix online?

Theres a v2 for rogero and with the latest Multiman 4.14.00 its by far one of best.
Multiple usb hardrives work.pkgs on 4.30 have to be selected in MM and installed via the xmb psn style.
Rogero 4.30-4.21 v2 update is here

Rogero is back with another update of his 4.30,4.21 cfw heres the change list.

Change list
Rebuilt from scratch using OFW4.30 files only (no DEX/SEX files) with official XMB and full features working as in OFW4.30
- All known problems like XMB icons sorting and Demo Mode issues from v 1.04 are now all gone with the use of the official XMB.
- Removed the classical "Install Package Files" Icon from XMB to have a 100% original XMB (no DEX/SEX files used).
- Installing Package Files can be done from multiMAN 04.12.00 (XMMB Home column or MMOS File Manager).
- Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
- Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support to replace hvc 182/183 (multiMAN Direct Disc Access is now working fine with CFW4.21/4.30 v2.00)
- Patched LV1 to disable SYSTEM MANAGER INTEGRITY CHECK (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
- Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. (for both LV1 and LV2)
- Patched VSH to enable ReActPSN compatibility (Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files, Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat)
- Spoofed the system version to latest OFW version 4.31.
- PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same.
- Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
- It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
- Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
- Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30

N.B: You must have multiMAN version 04.12.00 installed on the PS3 before updating to CFW4.30 v2.00 or you won't be able to install Package files until you downgrade again to version 3.55 and Install multiMAN 04.12.00

More info on the 4.21cfw
This CFW4.21 is almost the same as the 4.30 version except it have some add-ons that can't be added to ver 4.30 currently:
1- It does have the default "Install Package Files" node on XMB. (no need to have multiMAN installed before using it)
2- It does have LV1 Checks Disabled and can be used directly instead of Rogero3.55 v3.7 while downgrading with Hardware Flashers.
3- It does have the Proper Cinavia Disabled Files for the users who needs it.

Excellent mate, thanks for that, on it......

looks like there's even a newer one out mate.

Rogero CEX-4.30 v2.03 with XMB "Install Package Files" and No more Downgrader.PUP Needed.

That's if you can make it past all the crappy pop ups with the "packs" that they have...does my head in it does.!

---------------------------------------------------------

Rogero CFW4.30 v2.03 Details

* Rebuilt from scratch using OFW4.30 files only (no DEX/SEX files) with official XMB and full features working as in OFW4.30
* All known problems like XMB icons sorting and Demo Mode issues from previous versions are now gone with the use of the official XMB.
* New Improved "Install Package Files" Application added to XMB instead of using the traditional DEX Icon, to have a 100% original XMB.
* Once the PS3 is booted, select the [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon and It will change automatically to [* Install Package Files]
* If you load a Game from multiMAN it will still be redirected and shown under the same [app_home/PS3_GAME] Icon
* After loading a Game, you can restart the PS3 again to have [* Install Package Files] back on XMB
* You can also Install the new stand-alone XMB application from Deank --> [* Install Package Files] to have it showing permanently on XMB.
- [* Install Package Files] function supports:
--- up to 256 pkg files
--- split pkg files
--- sorting
--- queued PKG indication (in red)
--- multipart (split) PKG indication (in yellow)
--- copy/transfer progress
--- Scanned locations: /dev_usb*** /dev_hdd0 /dev_bdvd in /PKG /packages and root folders
--- Split files format: .0 - .63 / .66600 - .66663 / .001 - .064
* CFW Structure fixed to match the OFW 4.xx Structure:
--- No more corrupted data error messages while Installing from XMB or Recovery Menu.
--- The CFW can be installed fine from XMB Update over any OFW3.55/CFW3.55/CFW4.21/CFW4.30.
--- HDD can be swapped/changed and the CFW4.30 v2.03 will re-install without any problem.
* Patched LV1 to disable LV2 Protection.
* Patched LV1 to add peek/poke support to replace hvc 182/183 (multiMAN Direct Disc Access is now working fine with CFW4.30 v2.03)
* Patched LV1 to disable SYSTEM MANAGER INTEGRITY CHECK (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
* Patched LV1 Core OS Hash Check (to prevent Bricking on non-dehashed downgraded consoles)
* The CFW can be used directly for Downgrading with Hardware flashers /Flashing from FSM/Exiting from FSM, all works fine.
* The CFW have both noBD/noBT patches to allow installation on consoles with broken BluRay Drive or Bluetooth board.
* Patched LV2 to add peek/poke support. (for both LV1 and LV2)
* Patched VSH to enable ReActPSN compatibility (Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files, Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat)
* Spoofed the system version to latest OFW version 4.31.
* PSN/SEN access is available as long as the current "passphrase" still the same.
* Loading games from App_home Icon is now fixed.
* It can run games signed with Keys up to version 4.30 without any Eboot/Sprx patching needed
* Games can be loaded from Disc Icon (with Original game in BD) and from app_home (Disc-less, but not all games).
* Current 3.55 homebrew applications can't be loaded on this CFW, applications must be re-signed properly for FW4.21/4.30

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTENTION:

1- This CFW does have LV1 checks disabled and can be installed on Downgraded PS3 consoles even if not dehashed after downgrade. Just in case anyone still need to dehash,

2- Always make a NOR/Nand dump using multiMAN before installing any CFW to have a recovery backup in case of any bricks.
Having a valid NOR/Nand dump is an essential step before upgrading, because you will always have a chance to recover when you have a valid dump.
** A Hardware Flasher alone without a valid dump may not fix your bricked PS3 **

3- The QA flag is better to be always Enabled on your PS3 for safer upgrading/downgrading operations. Link ----> toggle_qa.pkg

4- Please Check the MD5 of the downloaded PUP file before installing any CFW to avoid possible bricks.

5- DO NOT HAVE DISC IN PS3 WHEN UPDATING FIRMWARES..As the PS3 will take the UPDATE from the DISC First.

6- You need to be already on a 3.55OFW or 3.55CFW/4.21CFW/4.30CFW to install this. Installing from any OFW > 3.55 won't work. (Hardware Flasher needed)

Last edited:

just for the record I suggest link no.5 as that passes the "checksum" ;)

and no harm in checking it again once copied to your J drive.

The one in red is the "failed" one......FYI

02-12-201222-45-18.jpg

Last edited:

all updated and the new CFW on, have BBCi Player and all them online "goodies" and the like back that was missing from 3.55 CFW. :)

same here thanks to Mowax true gent :THANKS:

Re: now I'm upgraded too Rogero CEX4.30_V1.03 can I use PlayStation Home Fix online?

Excellent... :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

Re: now I'm upgraded too Rogero CEX4.30_V1.03 can I use PlayStation Home Fix online?

Good work there Moax looks the dogs bollox that does Im foooking jealous lol cant wait to get up and running the new far cry looks mint :0}

no worries, what machines have you got and what CFW, I'm really liking the new Rogero, (I have rebug on the other) I'm thinking of putting it back on this machine as I like the "spoof machine nic" that you can do on rebug.

The machines that I have are:

Phat - Rebug
Phat - Rogero

(I'm just wanting to hear from Pootas as feel a little bad posting all this after he bricked his machine)

You can change you mac on Rebug with air chaos changer permanently,shame you can't spoof your Psid and console id on Rogero 4.31 V2.
Psid changer doesnt work on newer firmwares.
If I could !!! then I'd use my other Cfw slim on Psn.

PS3.jpg
ps3 002.JPG
to unban the console do we have to go back to 4.30?
when on 4.31 rogero

View attachment 70418
View attachment 70419
to unban the console do we have to go back to 4.30?
when on 4.31 rogero
There is no rogero 4.31,But there is a 4.30 spoofed to 4.31 and yes this works on that version.
Press Square to unban or spoof csid

hello Steve, is this the same software as you posted in the other thread about "spoofing" a console that hasn't been banned?

hello Steve, is this the same software as you posted in the other thread about "spoofing" a console that hasn't been banned?

Yeah its the same one,it unbans a banned console and I suppose it hides your console ids from sony aswell

Thanks mate, do you know what it actually does with the console "I'D's"

Just interested to know, like m$ and the xbox 360 they all have a UID so what ever this does is clever at doing it then.

Just installed it on rogero and signed out then run this and then signed back in, all good, I haven't played a game yet on that machine as had it purely for BBCi player and netflix and as a media player.

Thanks again mate.

I'll add it to the download section.

Still chuffed you got your's un-banned mate! ;)

Just interested to know, like m$ and the xbox 360 they all have a UID so what ever this does is clever at doing it then.

Just installed it on rogero and signed out then run this and then signed back in, all good, I haven't played a game yet on that machine as had it purely for BBCi player and netflix and as a media player.

Thanks again mate.

No more modded lobbies just a couple of Very small trophy hacks :Jester:

man stop them trophy hacks man how ever small they are... lol

Hi Mowax,

Can you paste the link to take me to the download for spoofing the ps3's ID please as I cant find it

Cheers

Dave

Thanks again mate.

Back