not sure which one i need

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
looking to buy a dm800se and been looking on a website recommended by a few members

now on this site it has 3 models

D6 800se
800se with ferrari sim card
Sunray4 DM800 se SR4 triple tunner with wifi

which one best for uk also has one with gemini installed but that will leave

I would say it's a choice of D6 800 SE or Sunray 4 SR4.

- The difference is that SR4 has built in WIFI and a combo DVB C/S/T tuner.
- The D6 800 SE , means it's a Dm800SE with motherboard revision D6 which is the latest one anyway.

Ferarri SIM is not recommended poor software support and also hardware is not as good as the SIM 2.1 Recievers. So unless you want the WIFI or Combo tuner go for the D6 800SE (verify that the D6 SE is SIM 2.1 just in case).

You can get 800se with dreambox or sunray branding. The sunray is to help with customs as there wont be any dreambox branding.

Last edited:
If you live in the Uk i think the D6 800se is probably the best bet as you wont get alot of use out of the other 2 tuners.

just another quicky is it best to pay in us dollars or £ with paypal

thanks now have it almost figured out in my head but the thing that making me wonder now is the postage i want a dm800 se and also 3 dm500 but should i ask that they all be posted together or should i ask that they get posted seperate or does anyone know what sort of money customs want to release the boxs if they get stopped

If you get them posted separately I would expect you to get charged slot more, than if together. The seller may also put samples 20 dollars each box meaning customs will only charge for total of 80 dollars.

I have recently got 8 dm500s and 2 dm800 pro and was charged £27 from customs. You can ask for a total together and separately, but I am guessing the difference in delivery charge will far exceed the customs charge.

If you get them posted separately I would expect you to get charged slot more, than if together. The seller may also put samples 20 dollars each box meaning customs will only charge for total of 80 dollars.

I have recently got 8 dm500s and 2 dm800 pro and was charged £27 from customs. You can ask for a total together and separately, but I am guessing the difference in delivery charge will far exceed the customs charge.

was these from the maxeshop place ?

If you order multiple boxes in one shipment you run the risk of having the whole shipment seized by customs. It's not the just the import duty to worry about thats minor. You will almost certainly get charged import duty on a shipment that size.

If you order multiple boxes in one shipment you run the risk of having the whole shipment seized by customs. It's not the just the import duty to worry about thats minor. You will almost certainly get charged import duty on a shipment that size.

sorry gsmtech i dont understand what else can they do ?

Either risk it anyway and see what happens. Or maybe 2 shipments. Two boxes in each shipment ? To be fair you'll probably be OK with 4 boxes...will almost definitely get customs duty charge but will be unlucky if it seized.

Back