Not flashing

dumbmayh3m

Inactive User
Reaction score
Only just got my eurovox max today when I got back from work.

Spent a while scanning and picking nothing up but this was due to me connecting the antenna wrong. I downloaded an image from here to update the box incase the current image was older.

Wasnt totally sure what I was doing with the dnupman (im used to dbox's) and clicked download while already scanning.

Anyway the program completed the process and then finished with a "Downloading is failed" message. Now it wont come out of standbye.

Done some searching and found that pressing the button inside can resolve this. It does in a way but just brings me back to the LCD message of 4 green dashes.

I can now flash by loading up the dnupman program, selecting the image - download and then pressing the button inside the box. I have tried flashing with a few images EUROVOX_MAX_010706 and EUROVOX_MAX_FULL_EPG_FIX_040706 but still finishing with the download failed message.

Anything I can do to get rid of this? Can't believe ive gubbed this after a few hours.

Cheers.

what colour box was it in as there is loads of these feckers

this was flash i used to fix one same way as your doing but dont know if yours is same

EUROVOX_MAX_BLUE_BOX_19_02_07

Last edited:
Only just got my eurovox max today when I got back from work.

Spent a while scanning and picking nothing up but this was due to me connecting the antenna wrong. I downloaded an image from here to update the box incase the current image was older.

Wasnt totally sure what I was doing with the dnupman (im used to dbox's) and clicked download while already scanning.

Anyway the program completed the process and then finished with a "Downloading is failed" message. Now it wont come out of standbye.

Done some searching and found that pressing the button inside can resolve this. It does in a way but just brings me back to the LCD message of 4 green dashes.

I can now flash by loading up the dnupman program, selecting the image - download and then pressing the button inside the box. I have tried flashing with a few images EUROVOX_MAX_010706 and EUROVOX_MAX_FULL_EPG_FIX_040706 but still finishing with the download failed message.

Anything I can do to get rid of this? Can't believe ive gubbed this after a few hours.

Cheers.

got the same prob here no mater what i do i cant get it to work any help thanks

i have tryd this link https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/sh...d.php?t=142446

but still no joy

Last edited by a moderator:
when you click ok on dnupman you will see resetting , just wait 30 seconds and unplug the box and plug it back in (do this quick) and you will get the download message on the lcd screen

when you click ok on dnupman you will see resetting , just wait 30 seconds and unplug the box and plug it back in (do this quick) and you will get the download message on the lcd screen

thanks for your help i get download message but it stays on then fail

Sorry but neither of you guys are saying which box you have i.e 'Blue, Red or Black'.A bit difficult to say which firmware to use if none knows which box you own.

had this problem flash with the base firmware from 2006 for all models then refleash after with latest file couldn't get file from this site to download email me an i can give you the july file

Had this on several occasions.

Each time it has been resolved by hard rebooting the box and starting your new flash just a couple of seconds after.

But like others have said you need to know what file you need, with all these new cases on old boxes and that.

Hi guys,

just seen this thread on the first page.

I got a eurovox which I've had for a year maybe 2 which works a treat. The only issue I have is the EPG is shite. I notice one of you guys mention there is an image that fixes the EPG issue, is this correct? If so could one of you point me in the right direction to put this image on to my box, maybe a tutorial.

I've never messed with the box before as I get what I want from it and don't know a lot about the box. However, if it's not to difficult to add the updated image to fix my EPG I'd be willing to try this.

Soz if there's already a sticky for this, as I said I've not wanted to mess with the box much, you know, if it's not borke....

p.s

Not sure which box I have, how can I tell?

Last edited:
@dumbmayh3m...

Which box do you have? Simple question - asked over and over? Red Box/Black Box? Answering this will definitely speed things up!

If it's a new Black Series V (2008) then your one of the many users who are mix and matching old flsh software (Dnupman) along with the previous flash files - which DON'T work with the new box.

Just use the Unified Loader (in the MAX files section) 'HERE' to flash the box - you'll find it works well :)

@mcgirt - I can't imagine that dumbmayh3m's biggest worry is a poor EPG :Kickassro Without a working box - then there's a 101% chance of a p!$$ poor EPG. If you don't know whether you got your box about 1 year or 2 years ago - you shouldn't criticise the EPG - all s/w versions within the LAST year have a near perfect EPG. It's not a fault of the s/w developers that your box is runnning s/w from 'a long time ago' - (unconfirmed) :banana:

Last edited:
i thinke a blue box it just keeps saying download fail after trying to flash it and download on the lcd stays on thanks

Last edited:
@dumbmayh3m...

Which box do you have? Simple question - asked over and over? Red Box/Black Box? Answering this will definitely speed things up!

If it's a new Black Series V (2008) then your one of the many users who are mix and matching old flsh software (Dnupman) along with the previous flash files - which DON'T work with the new box.

Just use the Unified Loader (in the MAX files section) 'HERE' to flash the box - you'll find it works well :)

@mcgirt - I can't imagine that dumbmayh3m's biggest worry is a poor EPG :Kickassro Without a working box - then there's a 101% chance of a p!$$ poor EPG. If you don't know whether you got your box about 1 year or 2 years ago - you shouldn't criticise the EPG - all s/w versions within the LAST year have a near perfect EPG. It's not a fault of the s/w developers that your box is runnning s/w from 'a long time ago' - (unconfirmed) :banana:

Chill man, I was only asking if the newer flash that was mentioned, EUROVOX_MAX_FULL_EPG_FIX_040706, would fix the problem I have with my EPG.

It had nothing to do with the original post, I wasn't giving advice, I was asking for some!!

Try reading the post again.

p.s.

Thanks for nothing.

Last edited:
If you had your box about a year two ago than it would be the 'Blue' box but the colour of the cardboard box that the box came signifies which box it is. The Feb 2007 s/w for the box changed the way the epg was displayed and some people referred to it as a fix.

Back