nokia n80

telemacus

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all i just put tom tom 6 on my nokia n80 and i have to say i am very pleased with it works wonders i bought a 1 gb mini sd card for my phone cost me £15 and i also bought a 32 channel blutooth gprs reviever for the car cost me £45 put them together and job done so if anyone has a nokia n80 or a nokia n73 try it out its really kool :)

Just put it on my N73 it is great - tested it and it works perfectly fine had to get a GPS n 1gb card but hey defenitely cheaper that tom tom. Hope u got the updated Cameras : multi :

Hi Guys. Ive just put TTV6 on my dads N80. do any of you have problems with the phone crashing when its navigating??

Thankyou

when you say crashing do you mean it shuts down or it loses bluetooth connection with the gps receiver.

there is a problem with the bluetooth on the n80s which are running v3 firmware, you need to upgrade to v4 to resolve this problem.

hope this helps ya.

when you say crashing do you mean it shuts down or it loses bluetooth connection with the gps receiver.

there is a problem with the bluetooth on the n80s which are running v3 firmware, you need to upgrade to v4 to resolve this problem.

hope this helps ya.

Cheers carlos, but no, its asif the whole phone just crashes every now and then. not just when tomtom is running. it just freezes up sometimes?

Which firmware version do you have on the phone (*#0000#) as well as which version of the tomtom maps??? I found it crashed on the N80 a lot with early versions of the TT6 maps.

With TomTom 6??? Please download the latest maps, they are around on the forums...

TT6 works on my N80 too but doesn't work on my Nokia 6680 which still needs TT5. But TT6 does seem slower ???

ANyone else running TT6 on the 66 series phones?

TT6 works on my N80 too but doesn't work on my Nokia 6680 which still needs TT5. But TT6 does seem slower ???

ANyone else running TT6 on the 66 series phones?

I agree that it seems slower. The worst thing is entering addresses, like when you type in a postcode. Really annoying, keeps going past the letter you want etc. Even harder when you're trying to steer at the same time. Worth it though, tomtom is great.

I agree that it seems slower. The worst thing is entering addresses, like when you type in a postcode. Really annoying, keeps going past the letter you want etc. Even harder when you're trying to steer at the same time. Worth it though, tomtom is great.

lol i agree. tomtom 5 still kicks ass tho

How do you tell which version firmware you have. I've also noticed TT6 tends to lose communication with the GPS receiver a lot and I'm thinking I may have an older version as in one of the earlier replies.
Also, how do you upgrade it?
Cheers

I tried tt5 on my 6680 and I now have tt6 on my n80 ,
and I would say tt6 is much better

6680 with TT5 and TT6 on the N80 is exactly what we have got.
Did you try TT6 onyour N80 though?
It didn't work on mine.

How do you tell which version firmware you have. I've also noticed TT6 tends to lose communication with the GPS receiver a lot and I'm thinking I may have an older version as in one of the earlier replies.
Also, how do you upgrade it?
Cheers

*#0000# displays the firmware version, under 4 you wont be able to use TomTom 6 on the N80... You can upgrade the firmware on your phone using the USB datacable that normally comes with the phone, go to http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014 download the software from the Nokia site, connect your phone and it should download the latest firmware for you

TT6 will not work on the 6680, TT6 Mobile is designed for Symbian S60 V3... It wont work on older handsets

Last edited:
Back