Nokia D-Box 2 Cable Version with satellite search ? boo

BelgyFaeEK

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok i was really excited about getting my d-box and setting it up but I have hit a snag and brain dead me cant think of a search that will tell me if this has been asked before so basically got me new D-box 2 Nokia cable version yesterday and was ready to do a scan and get all me telly channels woohoo but blow me down with a feather my service scan area is all messed up lol well for this noob it is anyways.

Listed below is me service scan options, i live in a telewest area Glasgow South Side / South Lanarkshire and need some guidance apart from dump it in the bin :FRIGHT:

Service Scan Options

Scan for Services - All Services
Bouquet - Update existing
DiSEqC - No DiSEqC
Satellite - Astra19.2E
DiSEqC Repeat - ( nothing here )
DiSEqC - ( nothing here )
Motor Settings - ( nothing here )
Fast Scan - Off
Manual Scan - Off
Frequency - ( nothing here )
Symbol Rate - ( nothing here )
FEC - 1/2
Polarisation - H

ok i think i see the problem but no solution any one care to help and please am a noob so have some pitty. lol

why not reflash another image from here on it ?

u sure this is cable? has it got screw on ftype or normal ariel connection?if its cable it should have ariel type connector with a ftype adapter plugged into that

jimbojambo said:
u sure this is cable? has it got screw on ftype or normal ariel connection?if its cable it should have ariel type connector with a ftype adapter plugged into that
It is def a cable box has a normal ariel type thing and had to buy a thingy from maplins to adapt telewest cable to box :)

version 2? im not 100% but i dont think there is a version 2 at least not for cable the last sportster i used before cryos ultra was 1,76 they both work fine

why does it say this in your bootlog?
DiSEqC - No DiSEqC
Satellite - Astra19.2E???????
never had that in any of my cable boxs mgb would be able to tell you

Get a crossover cable and give me a shout when u have it and you will be sorted in no time m8
Dont worry about a null modem cable you wont need it.
you will get me on msn m8

i take it your from e kilbride if so a visit to maplins m8 for your crossover cable NOT A PATCH CABLE

notanotherone said:
why does it say this in your bootlog?
DiSEqC - No DiSEqC
Satellite - Astra19.2E???????
never had that in any of my cable boxs mgb would be able to tell you
doesnt say that in boot log thats just what it says in the service scan screen. I am thinking it is a cable box with the wrong image on it meself perhaps an image for a satelite box.

perhaps i just need to re flash an image and it will then be fine
here is hoping so anyone care to name an image they suggest and i can download it and flash it tomorrow :eek:)

wish you luck m8 anyway youve got a good man in ianbbb there i use gavs latest not had a problem since he brought it out but i think we all have our own wee favorites as do some boxs some like gavs image and some like liams or cryo or de deej it just depends there all (in my mind anyway)good

Last edited:
I'm using a 'hacked' version of sportster 2.0 dated 30.11.2005 -seems to have a lot of satellite options - but has been the most stable image for my temperamental sagem ever!

It looks like your box doesnt have the correct image in it, you need to update it with the correct one, use cryosporster latest its in the download section, If I am online when you do it and you need help just PM me :)

BR
Phezo

Had the same problem on my DBOX try the following

Main Menu
Option 5 (Settimgs)
Yellow Button (Misc Settings)

Under Driver & Boot Options ensure
Nokia Kabeltreiber is set to OFF

This should get rid of the satalite option & revert to cable, you may then have to install Cable XML... (sym6952 for Telepest)

Mossysl said:
Had the same problem on my DBOX try the following

Main Menu
Option 5 (Settimgs)
Yellow Button (Misc Settings)

Under Driver & Boot Options ensure
Nokia Kabeltreiber is set to OFF

This should get rid of the satalite option & revert to cable, you may then have to install Cable XML... (sym6952 for Telepest)

ok i didnt have the kabeltreiber but similkar i think is set to off am wondering iof i need to install cable xml but not sure where to get it or put it

I have came to the conclusion that i have a dodgy d Box 2 because no matter what image i use it is always the same scan failed. tested the signal strength and it was not good, to test it is the box and not my connection my friend is bringing his d box 2 down to see if it works in my flat.

I would like to thank everybody who has tried to help me out and no doubt if i have any problems in future i will return again.

CHEERS PEOPLE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS

Belgy aka Frankie

Back