No tuner lock

Anyone younger in the family that may help ?

No m8 and we don't have any ladders just have manage with cable until we can get someone to do it I mainly use cable anyway thanks for all the suggestions

Re do the f connector mate and do not have the central core protrude much further than 3-4 mm above the thread.
@edogg, Also, in addition to this I would check that none of the many thin copper strands are touching the main copper core and there is no sign of corrosion.

Also, do you have another box (even sky box) you could try in it's place to double check lnb/sat/cable side of things are fine.

@edogg, Also, in addition to this I would check that none of the many thin copper strands are touching the main copper core and there is no sign of corrosion.

Also, do you have another box (even sky box) you could try in it's place to double check lnb/sat/cable side of things are fine.
my eyesight is not brilliant but i have used a magnifying glass and cannot see anything wrong . I dont have any other working boxes

Sorry then run out of ideas. You may have to get someone in to look at it as you suggested.

Let us know how you get on :)

Birmingham south manic01

Sent from my Blade S6 using Tapatalk

Sorry, i'm not near either

All channel's are back , I guess it was water in the cable/lnb thanks for all the suggestions

It'll come back again. You need to organise a repair.

you were right it kept happening I was also getting problems with kodidirect crashing the solo2 .This morning I downloaded openvix 3.06 and used a backup of my settings. then installed the new version of kodidirect it has now been on for 2 hours and no sign of loss of signal

Keep an eye on it as it shouldn't be okay with KodiDirect unless Kodi was causing the issue originally and not a water ingress problem like first thought.

If it happens again, I would recommend doing a fresh usb flash with no restore of settings and without installing Kodi or any other plugins if you can help it. This is to narrow down if a plugin is causing it or not.

It is still OK , kodidirect problem happened several days after the the tuner lock problem. The solo2 is running 4degrees cooler as well now

Can not see how an IPTV plugin could cause intermittent signal loss to be honest.

If your singal goes again mate i would bite the bullet and get a local installer to check out the lnb and cable.

Neither can I @Ferret as it doesn't make sense but @edogg said it's working now after installing new kodi. Wait and see I guess.

edogg, if you could try not to make any changes to box to see if problem does come back.

*IF* it is related to a plugin like Kodi then i'm guessing kodi was either overheating the box or conflict between a plugin and dvb driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry guys I am not saying that the plugin caused it just that a couple of days after the signal loss the plugin crashed the box every time I tried to use the plugin

Sorry guys I am not saying that the plugin caused it just that a couple of days after the signal loss the plugin crashed the box every time I tried to use the plugin

Thank god for that a plugin causing signal and tuner lock issues lol.

I was ready to phone for a white van to cart me away.

No need for that Feret

It is possible that a plugin of somekind could (indirectly) cause odd problems like that to happen but I agree it's very highly unlikely.

Updated to openvix 3.2,007 and still no tuner lock problems since moving from hades 18

Back