No Sound from right hand speaker

Tallguy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Afternoon all, I have a Toshiba p200-1ee laptop which is still looking good and going well since the day I got it but now I have a wee problem. The right hand facing speaker isn't working when plugged in but works when I plug it into the left hand side plug on the motherboard. I thought it was the speaker but after checking this last night it works fine. So does anybody think it's a problem with the motherboard? I have already checked the balance settings and both are centred but when I run the sound test the right hand channel comes out of the left speaker too. When headphones are plugged in I get normal stereo with them.

TIA for any suggestions on this.

Scotty

try audio in a live linux environment to verify not a software problem. Doubt it is a hardware, since headphones work. If cable inside laptop was burnt/shorted, then probably no sound on headphones as well.

I think most likelly this is a software issue.
I am facing something similar on my desktop running Windows 7 64 bit. However after booting to ubuntu all is well.
Balance setting is okay under windows and I havent yet figured out what else might be wrong.

Back