No more images for tm500 super?

Would that be why the 500/600 have never worked as a server with cccam even after 2 years of requests in order to make sure people dont set up a simple local share and bypass the traders.

The latest TM500/TM500 super CVS will not be released as this would not please the box traders who sell thousands of these boxes with preinstalled c lines.

As always with TM the traders come first.

Would that be why the 500/600 have never worked as a server with cccam even after 2 years of requests in order to make sure people dont set up a simple local share and bypass the traders.

Nah,,I doubt it if anyone wanted to setup local shares they could just get a cheap 50 quid DM500 clone and start using that as a server with the Tm500/600 as clients. Its either TM/UR/IQ/DS cant be bothered to fix it as it the hobbyist market is not big enough sales wise to bother with compared to trader market, or theres some underlying hardware compatibility issues. As a lot of these are as mentioned sold with pre-configged c-lines by traders the end users are normally just TV CS freeloaders, they wouldnt have a clue about setting up server, nor would they want to. How long did it take the UR lot to implement the widescreen aspect ratio fix even though it was handed to them on a plate ??

The UR Trader friendly images were features such as hidden Cam config files password protection on box settings. Even complete trader images like URSR JSC sports images etc which allowed almost complete lockdown of the box, even making it very difficult to reflash the image to a different one.

All these things put together realy shines a bad light on Technomate. If the boxes are locked down so much to faciltate c line traders why did they even bother going the linux root. There closed source boxes are very good. Are these c line traders the same people as the nag 1 boys like bubble and iwant a box etc.

All these things put together realy shines a bad light on Technomate. If the boxes are locked down so much to faciltate c line traders why did they even bother going the linux root. There closed source boxes are very good. Are these c line traders the same people as the nag 1 boys like bubble and iwant a box etc.

I wouldnt say the boxes are locked down so much. It's more that TM/UR/DS/IQ seem to be focussing their efforts more on adding trader friendly features that are sepcifically added for locking the box down, rather than concentrating on fixing the bugs in the images... I can see the business logic in it i.e: traders by lots of boxes in bulk, hobbyists and enthusiasts dont...therefore they are less important.

Now UR team wont have suddenly decided to add "trader friendly" features or create trader friendly images because they felt like it, they must have been instructed to do so by some input from TM to boost sales...

i think that technomate have had very little input into the actual images, and are being drip fed crap by UR/iQ which they are then passing on. i think theyre given the image, and they have to deal with it, and wait for the next one.

the 'trader' images are actually a seperatley compiled image, this is why you see mention of a 'UR' image and a 'URSR' image when people post asking for help when their receivers are locked down

Agreed the URSR are seperate images . Theres still been loads of trader friendly features in normal UR images as well though not exclusive to URSR images.
The only purpose of this can be to attract business from traders and generate sales.

i think that technomate have had very little input into the actual images, and are being drip fed crap by UR/iQ which they are then passing on. i think theyre given the image, and they have to deal with it, and wait for the next one.

the 'trader' images are actually a seperatley compiled image, this is why you see mention of a 'UR' image and a 'URSR' image when people post asking for help when their receivers are locked down

Not sure about this Digi no company would release hardware with no control or input of software that would be plain suicidal.

Not knowing much about this stuff only what I have learned from here are there similar trader friendly images for dreambox and dreambox clones.

I wouldnt say the boxes are locked down so much. It's more that TM/UR/DS/IQ seem to be focussing their efforts more on adding trader friendly features that are sepcifically added for locking the box down, rather than concentrating on fixing the bugs in the images... I can see the business logic in it i.e: traders by lots of boxes in bulk, hobbyists and enthusiasts dont...therefore they are less important.

Now UR team wont have suddenly decided to add "trader friendly" features or create trader friendly images because they felt like it, they must have been instructed to do so by some input from TM to boost sales...

Not knowing much about this stuff only what I have learned from here are there similar trader friendly images for dreambox and dreambox clones.

Yup, without doubt there must be, I havent seen any from the "offiicial" support teams though. You dont even see softcam support from some of the official support teams e.g: Gemini/IHAD and DreamElite. So most of the Dreambox trader images have been modded by 3rd parties probably paid by the particular trader to create them.

Of course Linux with it's open source nature is flexible and allows plugins of various nature, traders being money grabbing types are bound to take advantage of this and try to create locked down means to stop people tinkering and forcing them to come to them for help which doesnt come free.

It's very rare that you will see anyone associated with the manufacturers or image support teams, openly supporting traders, or even CS or softcams for that matter. Unless of course your a "fallow fallow ABC" type... Might be wrong here but I thought You used to be able to downlaod URSR trader images from the official TM downlaod site, is that still the case ??

Last edited:
Its all very interesting, so in a nut shell what mr ABC is saying is up yours your only a minnow to me the box will do the basics and fook the support for the hobbyists.
Traders are the ones he is only intersted in.

Cue base and the rest of u, I don't think for one minute mr abc or dr Linux is saying fook off to the lot of u, how many times had he said, just ring technomate and giv them 5 mins to explain to u, and if they can't help u I'm sure they will stand down and offer u a full refund, but I'm confident they will be able to resolve your problem, instead of coming on here and just keep going round in circles with your post, it's like a fookin stuck record now, ring technomate, no joy demand your money back, they will gladly giv u a refund

Cue base and the rest of u, I don't think for one minute mr abc or dr Linux is saying fook off to the lot of u, how many times had he said, just ring technomate and giv them 5 mins to explain to u, and if they can't help u I'm sure they will stand down and offer u a full refund, but I'm confident they will be able to resolve your problem, instead of coming on here and just keep going round in circles with your post, it's like a fookin stuck record now, ring technomate, no joy demand your money back, they will gladly giv u a refund

with respect m8 ive been intouch tm and didnt get offered a refund which i asked for nor did they resolve my problems so yeah going round in cirlces

only other option is to sell it a loss to myself (anyone want one cheap pm lol)

cheers

osborne82

Well ring them again tomoz mate and demand that refund, they will giv it to u, trust me

To be fair Dr Linux has said call TM direct for any issues... they did for a while offer refunds on the TM800 as well which is commendable dont think many other companies would have offered that.

UR Team/IQ/UR Team should have their own forum where they actually respond to and action bug fixes, feature requests from users. Most of the Dream development teams have forums PLI, DreamElite, IHAD/Gemini etc.

UR/IQ/DS etc... dont even manage to fix bugs 2 years later on Enigma 1 recievers thats just a complete joke. TM made a major mess-up deciding to use stuff from the ITGATE/UR TEAM brands. Anyone with any experience from the ITGATE/UR TEAM cable recievers will remember how rubbish the software support was back then, it's just followed through nothings changed. You can bang on all you want about "hardware is good" etc... who cares... if the software is rubbish...

Cuebase and the rest of u what sort of way is that to address somone. I have sent an email to technomate and await response. the person who said ring technomate comes on here saying that there box is perfect and we are all stupid. Thats not true now is it. But is an open forum and I respect your opinion. If i get a response from technomate I will post it here.

Yes the box is perfect, but the software isn't we all know that, but it's not as bad as your making out, if you have a problem with it, y don't do just pick up the phone tomorrow and ring them, instead of just sending an email, if your landline went dead or u had a power cut or u had a gas leak would u email them? No u would be right on the phone, put the bloody thing to bed and ring them, if u have no joy then ask for a full refund, which I. Sure they would gladly sought u out, just to stop u slandering there name further, when dream box first came out, there software took yrs to sought out and it still what u would call shear perfect, did u give dream box this much shit,

are we talking about the 800 now ? lol

Dont know who you think you are, I will do as I will. I am not wasting my time or more money ringing Technomate. I have sent them an email. I am reporting issues that are ongoing. I help people with TMs all the time. So stop wasting your time with me. Unless I am told by one of the mods I am breaking the rules I will post what I find end off. Oh and I forgot no I did not give dreambox shit as I have a dm 600 running as a server perfectly from day one, streams perfectly to my ipad, runs ccam perfectly with no glitches etc.

Yes the box is perfect, but the software isn't we all know that, but it's not as bad as your making out, if you have a problem with it, y don't do just pick up the phone tomorrow and ring them, instead of just sending an email, if your landline went dead or u had a power cut or u had a gas leak would u email them? No u would be right on the phone, put the bloody thing to bed and ring them, if u have no joy then ask for a full refund, which I. Sure they would gladly sought u out, just to stop u slandering there name further, when dream box first came out, there software took yrs to sought out and it still what u would call shear perfect, did u give dream box this much shit,

Last edited:
Time and money ringing technomate? Who do I think I am? I'm just another person on this forum trying to keep things normal, as for u I can't believe u r creating such a problem, no wonder dr Linux has given up with u with the attitude you have,

Back