No more images for tm500 super?

The new team that are supposedly going to be making new images for the likes of the TM 500(s)/600 are up to there neck and trying to sort out the TM-800 image, which from what i've read is compleat joke. However, i don't see why any new updated images for the 500/600 should be delayed, i can understand why, but if TM didn't let the images of the TM-800 get so ****ed up then we would probably have new features added to the 500/600 images by now as well as a working as advertised 800 image. It's all a big debate and a compleat joke mate, the TM -800 hasn't had a fully funtional image since the day it was released onto the market,as far as i no, and it's been like 3-4 months since any new 500 and 600 images was released, i would like to see, alot of new things impleatmented into the 500/600 images, but i doubt were see anything of such until the TM-800 image gets up to scratch, if it ever does.

It's been said before, and it will be said again and again, TM need to sort there shit out, like IQ team work on TM-800 image and another team working on the 500/600 image, but do you really think there going to take on another team for that, when things like that cost money, i'm not happy about the progress/updates with the 500/600 starting to suffer because full attention is needed on the TM-800 but what can you do ?

i wouldnt hold your breath really looking whats happend with the 800's, lets be honest the UR image was just the best of a bad bunch

I can start to see even more moans and growns about no new images being released for 500/600 images if nothing get's released soon, seams like TM are getting themselves even more into a pickle lol

I for one am wishful thinking, i want more features :) maybe i have a right too maybe not.

I had the tm600,was looking to upgradetoHD, watched the tm800 threads and decided to get dm800 clone, now 800se clones are out I can see that finishing off the tm800 as that does media play back also and proper hdmi. technomate fecked up, with their choice of software engineers :-(

Originally Posted by Dr Linux
iQ team started about 10 days ago and saying it will finish max in next 3 weeks.
^^^Posted 10th July 2011 22:44 ^^^

@ dr linux, I guess they post here as more things are taken notice off by TM here, also by posting here it lets others know who may be considering buying one that support has now finished, postponed or what ever and lastly its a forum and on this one people can post hat they want with in the boundaries of the rules

I know you are trying to help and I respect you for keep coming back here to try and help others .

i used to buy tm allll the time have 6 boxes from all series, but since the n3 change i have never bought one allays stuck to dm clone, but i miss the tm menu, easy to use and specially the tm 2.1 motor setup east west and your done, but their change to linux or lan boxes have been shambles, and i think pricing plays a major role for me not much of a difference between clone and original dm for me so i compare tm to a clone box price and it just burns your pocket. The support also has died out, i think they need a decent and recent strategy as to what the company wants to do long term and stick to it.

OK then Dr linux i am going to email them, i am going to start of with just a basic simple question of why hasn't there been any new images for the TM-500/600 for the last 3-4 months? Now most companys should pride themselfs on there customers satisfaction after all they don't really want customers bad mouthing them that could potentially lead to lose of newer customers, so what i'm going to do after i send the email is make a note of the date i sent it and if they don't get back with a reply by at least 6pm on Wednesday, more then enough time, i'm going to have no choice but to wonder whether infact there customers are infact to there best interest... Haha unless they are reading this now, and if they don't get back within that time, then i'm going to send them another message and i don't think they will like reading that one.

And the reason i'm going to start of with such a short message is because i don't think they would be able to tell a great deal about the kind of customer they have asking the question, some companys are known to me to not take things so serious or just feed back aload of shit to a customer if they know they can get away with it, i could go into so many examples of when someone i know gets in contact with a company opposed to someone else i know that gets in contact to the same company regarding the exact same thing somehow the outcome always seams to be different. I hope TM are not like this and all customers regardless of spelling abilities ;) potential retardness, incongruous, you name it are all treated the same. In my eyes i'm really going to examine them now. If they reply with an excuse and nothing concrete... It's on like donkey kong.

Anyone, that wants any newer features added to the TM-500/600 images reply with what they want and i'll put it to them, that way that might actually know 100% on what direction they need to be taking for the 500/600 images :)

Everyone enjoy there Saturday, talk soon.

Last edited:
sorry to step into this thread but @dr linux yes iv emailed [email protected] alot of times asking for help and or suggestions about these boxes, replys are very very rare if indeed i get one and never answer directly or sidestep the question completly
technomate support like there images are a joke !!!!

maybe we should all start mass petition and get onto trading standards full refund should be inorder

cheers

osborne82

ps please dont reply asking me to do the ABC SONG again hehe

tambua segel parricull Yosser2000

You so disappointed and sad downing and wasting time writing posts after posts
why not spend 5 minutes contact TM technical by phone on
0208 8840259 9 to 6 6 days a week technical team or >>> email [email protected]
tell them what you want instead raving and moaning here is not going to fix anything's
if they do not fix what you want then write a book of complain anywhere you want
does that sound Logical ?????

Post after post moaning? Feel free to quote me as this is my first complaint and the first thread anyone as questioned TM500 images from the IQ Team or lack of,if i have missed a post concerning the tm500 feel free to point me to it. Ive just sat back and watched the scheme the tm800s have taken and often wondered what is next for the tm500s. The concept of forums is for people to air there opinions and views, if you have nothing constructive to post please feel free to refrain from posting. I understand you come here and try and answer questions but shouldn't it be down to the image teams to ask us what's next to innovate there products or try researching consumer needs. I've had more support from members of forums then i ever have from technomate. And lets not be blinkered even DW corrected the latest release for the tm800 and there isnt even a image release date for the tm500/super/600 models.

Please please tell me your are being truthfull about the above post.

cuebase

I am being 100% truthful .
answer this >>> howmany times you have spoken to technical team in TM this year and howmany time you did not get answer to your enquiry. how many thousand hours you spend writing posts in many forums.
Question ??? is it logical to talk to uk based manufacturer first or raving in all forums trying to find solution
in your opinion which one more effective, five minutes phone calls or 1000s of posts ???I wonder ,,,,

Dr Linux, are technomate alowed to talk about the IQ images on the TM800hd. I remember I had an issue with the 6900 hd combo and I emailed them and the response was sorry we do not support third party images. So If I ring technomate on tuesday will they speak to me about the final finished release of the IQ image.

i have asked numerous times for a copy of the old UR teams CVS source files, as theyre no good to the UR team any more, and i KNOW that DW has members who are itching to get hold of it and start creating images from where UR left off

what u need digi ? i should have a few of the old ur stuff :)

cheers

osborne82

tambua segel parricull Yosser2000

You so disappointed and sad downing and wasting time writing posts after posts
why not spend 5 minutes contact TM technical by phone on
0208 8840259 9 to 6 6 days a week technical team or >>> email [email protected]
tell them what you want instead raving and moaning here is not going to fix anything's
if they do not fix what you want then write a book of complain anywhere you want
does that sound Logical ?????

Dear Dr Linux, mine was ony a question...
There are many groups of coder like sifteam working without money...if they were going to public source code of tm500super and 600...it would be better for all.

what u need digi ? i should have a few of the old ur stuff :)

cheers

osborne82

i have an old UR CVS from about july 2009, maybe earlier, when i first started looking into linux and using a VMware sandbox within windowsXP, and you helped me compile my first image back then, i think it was on satkings or something like that, whatever it was called, it vanished a while back now, but that was a CVS i was accidentally given access to lol, i downloaded the entire thing before the error was noticed, i was then given access to the FTA only CVS, which is what my DW E1 images are created from on my archive site

1-cuebase2-hixy3-St3-4-segel 5-osborne82-6 parricull

please ring tm at 0208 884 0259 technical help line for any help any questions
instead of assuming why just spend few minutes picking the phone and ring them
I understood from tm after OE finished iQ team engineers will have time to fix all your demands
for all Linux E1 or E2 models
Just do a list of what you want email tm I am sure tm will always listen as they have done.

!!! Third repeat of the same stuff in this thread alone in less than 24 hours infraction for spam given (ellie1998)!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest TM500/TM500 super CVS will not be released as this would not please the box traders who sell thousands of these boxes with preinstalled c lines.

As always with TM the traders come first.

Back