Nintendo Switch v5.0.0 Firmware Released

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
Big 'N' has finally pushed out the much rumored and talk-about v5.0.0 firmware update for their Nintendo Switch console, and as usual if you wish to make usage of 'homebrew', 'emulators', 'trustzone' hacks/exploits in the now or near future, it is recommended NOT to update pass your current v4.1.0 possible-future-hackable or the working best v3.0.0 which already has an 'homebrew launchers' for it.

Are these easy to put homebrew on and can you put multiple games onto the same SD card? I have a PS4 and just wondered if its worth getting one. Thanks

i would wait for team-xecuter Mod Chip coming out , but that will involve soldering it inside the console

People with one now should stop updates on the firmware that's how Nintendo is blocking all the modifications

@gadgethome what firmware is your PS4 running one ?

Best to block that firmware update as well check out my post on the PS4

i would wait for team-xecuter Mod Chip coming out , but that will involve soldering it inside the console

People with one now should stop updates on the firmware that's how Nintendo is blocking all the modifications

@gadgethome what firmware is your PS4 running one ?

Best to block that firmware update as well check out my post on the PS4
Thanks. I'm on 5.05 and have turned off updates and internet connection.

just brought this Nintendo switch for my daughter its on 4.1.0 can this be done yet please

Currently, homebrew is only available for firmware version 3.0.0, but future homebrew and CFW support is planned for all versions up to 4.1.0 (with support for 5.0.0 to be determined).

In order to guarantee future access, we set your current network’s DNS to a server (hosted by ReSwitched) which blocks requests to Nintendo’s Switch update server.

If you are on firmware version 5.0.0 and wish to continue to use online services with updates blocked, you can do so for as long as 5.0.0 is the latest version (as only the latest firmware version is permitted to access online services). For this to work, the only requirement is that you must have connected to online services at least once before following these instructions.

Additionally, we enter Recovery / Maintenance Mode and delete any update data which may have already been downloaded.

Instructions
Section I - DNS Configuration
Note that these DNS servers will need to be set on each network you connect your device to for it to block updates!

1. Launch System Settings
  2. Navigate to Internet -> Internet Settings
  3. Select your current network
    • This is signified by a green check mark next to the network
  4. Select “Change Settings”
  5. Set “DNS Settings” to “Manual”
  6. Set “Primary DNS” to 173.255.238.217
  7. Set “Secondary DNS” to 173.255.238.217
  8. Save the network settings
  9. Exit System Settings
Section II - Deleting Update Data
  1. Power off your device
  2. Power on your device while holding (Power) + (Volume Up) + (Volume Down)
  3. Do not select any of the options
  4. Any downloaded update data has been deleted from your system just by entering this menu
  5. Press (Power) to power off your device

block the Switch from taking firmware updates @diesel

TX Switch Mod is coming out soon

Does the homebrew hack allow you to play copied games? I've watched how to do videos but not seen much about how to play the games.

not yet for copied games

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

just brought this Nintendo switch for my daughter its on 4.1.0 can this be done yet please

Yes but don't update your firmware block it by DNS Configuration

having a look about for a good tutorial

Thank you unfortunately my girl has updated to 5.0 now but I've blocked it all now thanks again can't wait for the firmware thanks again

Back