NiNTENDO 3DS FiRMWARE 6.2.0-12 released

buzzer

Staff member
Reaction score
NiNTENDO 3DS FiRMWARE 6.2.0-12
released August 5, 2013

change log:

1: Support for StreetPass Relay points
StreetPass data can now be exchanged with any compatible Nintendo Zone access point in range. The user receives StreetPass data from the previous Nintendo 3DS user to exchange StreetPass data with the access point. At the same time, the user’s StreetPass data is stored for the next Nintendo 3DS user to receive. (Note that this service is only available in select countries .)

2: System stability improvements and other adjustments
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user's experience.

3: BLOCKS FLASHCARDS!!!

Hello buzzer,

Just a quick question, I picked a 3DS off cash generators last week for £10.00 as was sold without cables and as faulty. Lucky for me I bought I universal charger over the weekend from Argos and found that it's in a good working order. It is currently on fw 3.0.0-6E and I got an R4i SDHC card working in it. Do I need to update the 3DS to any specific fw or leaving it on the current ofw is fine? Reason I'm asking is because some DS roms don't work, they just freeze before fully loading!

NiNTENDO 3DS FiRMWARE 6.2.0-12
released August 5, 2013

change log:

1: Support for StreetPass Relay points
StreetPass data can now be exchanged with any compatible Nintendo Zone access point in range. The user receives StreetPass data from the previous Nintendo 3DS user to exchange StreetPass data with the access point. At the same time, the user’s StreetPass data is stored for the next Nintendo 3DS user to receive. (Note that this service is only available in select countries .)

2: System stability improvements and other adjustments
Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user's experience.

3: BLOCKS FLASHCARDS!!!

the freezing games will most probably be down to the flashcard or firmware.

its up to you whether you update or not, but updating will almost certainly block your flashcard.

a complete changelog can be found here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

But is it possible to update to a specific fw such as 5.0 or 6.0 and not the latest one? Or the only update way is through Nintendo which by default will update to the latest ofw?

the freezing games will most probably be down to the flashcard or firmware.

its up to you whether you update or not, but updating will almost certainly block your flashcard.

a complete changelog can be found here.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

no m8, only way to update is by official means.

unfortunately the console will update to latest available version.

there is no way to downgrade firmware either....

Knew about it before launch but @ a RRP of around £54 its really over priced and has few draw backs such as only being able to play one game of a memory card so would need to swap memory cards for different games and also currently cannot work on 3DS with fw 6.1 or above.

My advise is to wait until something better comes out and when other brands start to appear at cheaper prices.

anybody heard of the gateway card?

Back