nightmare 7025

The manual scan has no relationship to the cables.xml.
If you want to use the manual scan you need the data for your area and not the data for the area of zaf789.
The cables.xml is used in the automatic scan and you have to select what you want.

ok trying automatic scan ive used a different cables.xml now devilfish posted it up looks the same but you never know, will keep in touch hopefully get it riunning

The manual scan has no relationship to the cables.xml.
If you want to use the manual scan you need the data for your area and not the data for the area of zaf789.
The cables.xml is used in the automatic scan and you have to select what you want.

Hi mgb i am no expert this gemini image shows my details when i put cable xml that when i select manual scan just to make sure i flashed the image again it shows german cable 6900 i think it is i put my cable xml in var/tuxbox then reboot it shows my details symbol rate 6887/freq 707****then scan without changing anythig it finds all the channels ***

i dont get german cable all i get is transporder scan or complete then freq 466 is standard then i have all the values u listed and i have network scan as well do u think i have wrong image on my box its gemini 1.9 ive managed to dwnload cams ets

@zaf786
Normally you get the data from the current channel if you go to manual scan.

@satpink
You have to decide what you want.
Manual scan or automatic scan.
If you upload a cables.xml you should reboot the box after that.

im not bothered how i do it just want cable tv on my dreambox that cost me £450.00 seems a pile of junk

It must be so hard to find the default frequency and symbol rate for your area and type it in the manual scan menue.

@satpink
You have to decide what you want.
Manual scan or automatic scan.
If you upload a cables.xml you should reboot the box after that.

I think what satpink needs to do is flash gemini 170 and do a automatic scan after he has put cable xml in 170 is more user friendly leave manual scan alone**

its so frustrating i will try gemini 1.7 then fltp cables to var/ tuxbox isthere any way i can check to see if my db is getting a signal im beginning to think that maybe the cable tuner could be buggered

I really don't understand the whole thing.
In every netid list the default frequency and symbol rate is listed for nearly the whole UK.
It must be so hard to take a look and use the right data for the manual scan.
On the other side selecting the right option in the automatic scan menue must be very hard too.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the whole thing.
In every netid list the default frequency and symbol rate is listed for nearly the whole UK.
It must be so hard to take a look and use the right data for the manual scan.
On the other side selecting the right option in the automatic scan menue must be very hard too.

Hi i can hint frustaction mgb idon,t know weather you have 7025 or not this gemini 190 is bit awkward it wont find anything scanning autmatic with 160 or 170 no problems****

i'm in ex c&w area 41060 i will try gemini 1.70 with ftp cables.xml then try autoscan will report back once flash,ftp & scans are complete thanks for all your help thus far

Well I don't know where that is but do you know what the symbol rate is for your area? if you say what area your in then maybe we can look at a dm500 services.xml to find out the symbol rate and a known good TP for you to manual scan.

Frenchman

i'm in ex c&w area 41060 i will try gemini 1.70 with ftp cables.xml then try autoscan will report back once flash,ftp & scans are complete thanks for all your help thus far

When you scan with 170 let the scan finish it will scan both sets it will get to 100%and you might think the scan has finished leave it alone it will carry on scanning then when it will get to about 50% you should start finding services finger crossed*****

think it may work this time in tuner config it has 6952 freq & 6887 i know my area is 6887 so lets hope all is ok this time

ok found 131 services are these the channels ? do i have to save or does it do it automatically ive downloaded add on cams etc do i need the key file if so where do i locate that

ok found 131 services are these the channels ? do i have to save or does it do it automatically ive downloaded add on cams etc do i need the key file if so where do i locate that

Hi you should have had over 350 services you sure you are not 6952 about the keys have you not mentioned in the earlier post that you downloaded ozzy usefull files the keys are there i think put keys in var/keys and scce in var/scce going back to services if not sure scan with bruteforce it will scan both 6952 and 6887****

Back