Nigeria Bank Scam

nizzex

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I got this eMail from the following:

Sent : 08 January 2006 01:28:34
To : [email protected]
Subject : Can your account accept an urgent transfer?

| | Junk E-Mail | Inbox

MIME-Version: 1.0
Received: from web37114.mail.mud.yahoo.com ([209.191.85.116]) by bay0-mc10-f12.bay0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.211); Sat, 7 Jan 2006 17:28:34 -0800
Received: (qmail 22697 invoked by uid 60001); 8 Jan 2006 01:28:34 -0000
Received: from [196.3.62.4] by web37114.mail.mud.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:28:34 PST
X-Message-Info: JGTYoYF78jHzJNEeba4EGe+ENO1hCGRBhseqY51bjaI=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=JAuRb1MXVzRSq9BI+rEsAO5aUNixL86LBNXISwOzDAceFcksltC14TnOLfXaajqcfMZiDauDLCzAWQCEINriuYX8FIL9Rg72zxXYdDOGU1Gi2QFARfjSvm2uXF1BNXKzO3J8R+w7pMMA3RIuNv1asBVACB47XH0rZy6cWUYG/EI= ;
Return-Path: [email protected]
X-OriginalArrivalTime: 08 Jan 2006 01:28:34.0955 (UTC) FILETIME=[D7C345B0:01C613F2]

'' Dear Friend,
It is with my deepest regards and trust; I write you this urgent letter concerning my financial stance and destiny.
I am Chief Adedoyin, the Chairman of City Express Bank in Nigeria. I am seeking urgent assistance in a business transaction, which requires your strictest confidentiality.
For the past 7 months, my bank has been going through the dear pains of scaling through in the Central Bank of Nigeria's directive to all Nigerian banks to re-capitalize in order to meet up the new directive which states that all banks must have a shareholder's fund of =N= 25,000,000,000 (Twenty-five billion naira) that is ($ 177,304,960: One Hundred and Seventy-Seven Million, Three Hundred and Four Thousand, Nine Hundred and Sixty Dollars). My search has been fruitless through out all this period. We were given a deadline of December 31, 2005.
Only 25 banks out of over 69 banks scaled through into the post consolidation era, which commenced on the 1st of January 2006. Unfortunately my bank has fallen into the class of banks to be liquidated in the next 90 days. The apex bank's officials have started moving into all banks that failed to meet the recapitalisation target. They are coming into my bank in 30 days time.
I have lost a business that I have strived for almost 10years to keep afloat. I have another company that is into manufacturing (Doyin Group). This company's main account is domiciled in City Express bank. The account contains my company's $ 492,000,000 (Four Hundred and Ninety-Two Million Dollars). But if the Central Bank moves in and finds out this, they will liquidate that account with the bank.
On clear indication of your interest to assist me, I will present you with legitimate documents covering you as the owner of the aforementioned funds who had an unfinished business transaction with my company. And legitimize documents for the immediate transfer of the funds in your favor.
Friend, I need your strictest confidentiality and swiftness in dealing with this transaction. I have lost my bank as fate would have it but I cannot and will not by God's grace lose out my manufacturing company as well. Please all you have to do to assist me is very simple and straightforward.
As you indicate your interest, kindly forward to my private mail address ; [email protected]
1. Your Full name
2. Account details
3. Your international passport details
4. Contact address and Phone number
Friend on successful transfer of these funds, you are entitled to 20% of the total sum while 10% will be mapped out for any expenses we may incur in the course of this transaction. Once again your urgent assistance will be highly appreciated.
Yours truly,
Chief Adedoyin.''

I think they are trying to get your bank details, SO IGNORE AND DELETE!

Anyone who's stupid and greedy enough to fall for these Nigerian scams deserves to be conned.

narabdela said:
Anyone who's stupid and greedy enough to fall for these Nigerian scams deserves to be conned.

here here old news bin them

I wonder if its worth giving them the details of a charity. Let them put their 20 million pounds into there.....

When I get dodgy emails pretending to be from Ebay saying "please login/verify your bank details etc", I'm tempted to respond with false details.

Remember, mis-information is worse than no information....

I am getting similar emails now from India. On top of that every evening sales calls from Indian call centre.

tuff u missed out look at the date lol

One Hundred and Seventy-Seven Million, Three Hundred and Four Thousand, Nine Hundred and Sixty Dollars). My search has been fruitless through out all this period. We were given a deadline of December 31, 2005.

omg are they still doing the rounds seen lots of these scams infact think ive had this one myself

If you want a good laugh, why not try scamming the scammers!

Check out www.419eater.com

Looks like good fun - I think Ill have a go myself.

edcase

I think everyone in the world has received one of those e-mails, I got at least 4-5....:grayno:

I had one of these and at the time had loads of spare time to devote to them and mess them around. Eventually I ran out of excusses and they blew my cover, but at least I have not received anymore for some time now.

Another favorite is the old transfer money to your account then you use Western Union to send it to a 3rd party in another country. You are accepting payment for services and just forwarding them on to the company, as apprently the person receiving the services can not pay the company directly as the other country does not do business with their country, or that is the excuse they usually use.

Back