Nexus 5 available very soon

oneman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Might be available as soon as next week,

4.95" or 5" IPS Full HD Display with Gorilla glass 3
2.3 Snapdragon Quadcore + Adreno 330 GPU. Early benchmarks put it well ahead of the S4.
2GB RAM
16GB or 32GB storage
13MP camera + 2 MP front facing
LTE (4G) Support
Wireless charging
2700mAH battery

Of course running KitKat

Again made by LG. Network unlocked from Google store, expect 16GB to be around £280 and 32GB to be around £330 + £10 delivery. Expect usual crap with stocks running out on first day.

Might be available as soon as next week,

4.95" or 5" IPS Full HD Display with Gorilla glass 3
2.3 Snapdragon Quadcore + Adreno 330 GPU. Early benchmarks put it well ahead of the S4.
2GB RAM
16GB or 32GB storage
13MP camera + 2 MP front facing
LTE (4G) Support
Wireless charging
2700mAH battery

Of course running KitKat

Again made by LG. Network unlocked from Google store, expect 16GB to be around £280 and 32GB to be around £330 + £10 delivery. Expect usual crap with stocks running out on first day.

I'm looking at doing an early upgrade to 4gee from orange and can't decide whether to wait for this or stick with my HTC 1, I suppose seeing one in the flesh will give me a better idea.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

My missus uses the Nexus 4 which i think is brilliant, so hopefully the 5 will be twice as good

i also got nexus 4 i have had no probs with it might wait abit then get nexus 5

i wont touch a nexus device until they allow removable batteries at the very least, also i cannot cope with only 16gb of memory.
Since switching to the note 2 i saw what restrictions these things impose.
i would love all that spec with sd card and removable battery, atm its too, well ipod

A lot of speculation that a 32Gb Nexus 5 will be announced on the 25th...

A lot of speculation that a 32Gb Nexus 5 will be announced on the 25th...

we'll see, there are couple of reports saying there will be no hardware announcements at the event on the 25th. Even if it isn't the 25th, its got to be close.

i wont touch a nexus device until they allow removable batteries at the very least, also i cannot cope with only 16gb of memory.
Since switching to the note 2 i saw what restrictions these things impose.
i would love all that spec with sd card and removable battery, atm its too, well ipod

I am guessing most people have access to a charging point during the day these days plus you can get battery booster packs. As for memory, you are so last year. Don't you know that everything is cloud storage now, lol. On a serious note, there is going to be a 32GB version.

But at the end of the day, its not going to suit everyone and that is the beauty of android that you have a choice.

Lol, i had the htc one x, it lasted me 4 months until the note 2 came out, and i haven't looked back!.
Cloud storage is fine for back ups etc but awful for pole that have no phone signal where they work and yes I don't have access to mains either so I need my phone to last as long as possible as I also use it as a duty book. The one x was imho the worst phone ive ever had, ive had some bad phones as well, Motorola Milestone is alos on that list, the hox battery life stank.
My note 2 has excellent battery life, but I do have the choice to change it when it does occasionally die. Also I have changed the battery for newer cells as the battery's were wearing out.
Your right though android is all about choice and my choice.
32gb is still not enough for me personally lol

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Forgot to mentioned there is a hack for nexus 4 to support USB otg so you can attach a USB memory stick.

Last edited:
Hopefully the nexus 5 doesnt suffer from crippled WiFi like the nexus 4 did... Took Google months to partially fix that with android 4.3 and new Qualcomm prima drivers, after months of denying issues and blaming users ISPs or routers etc...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

wouldnt mind one of these myself been waiting for it for ages, but iv got a htc one which is excellent so not sure what to do, hmmm sell or not.

wouldnt mind one of these myself been waiting for it for ages, but iv got a htc one which is excellent so not sure what to do, hmmm sell or not.

Similar situation, I've had my 1 since Easter and it's probably the longest I've kept a phone. I'm looking at an early upgrade to 4gee and not sure which phone to get, S4 , G2 or a nexus if available, but will probably sell and keep my 1

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

From Google blog
Android 4.4, KitKat, which comes on Nexus 5, will also soon be available on Nexus 4, 7, 10, the Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One Google Play edition devices in the coming weeks.
HH.

Yeah, better value at cpw for the 16gb variant definitely 5 pounds cheaper than Google play plus free delivery or pickup. Why pay Google play 15 quid extra. Its a shame cpw don't stock the 32gb version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Double post, so I will just say for any other NZ peeps on here.
Nexus 5 from USA wont work with NZ 4G.

Thank you, good night.

Back