News Demon $7 Unlimited SSL 50 connections

Been with Newsdemon from Day 1 and have had no probs at all with their service. I have not noticed any throttling on my Virmin 50mb line, even at the busiest of times.

What I did notice was that the UK servers sometimes couldn't finish a download, so with 50 connections to play with, I have set up 10 to the secure US server and have had no problems since.

Ports used are 80, 81 and 563.

Thanks thought so... Also I can confirm throttling still applies even on port 80 with ssl.

Must be I just missed the trottling times then, I've downloaded a few dvd's at various times during the day and get a constant 47Mb speed. Although I do most of my downloads overnight.

Must be I just missed the trottling times then, I've downloaded a few dvd's at various times during the day and get a constant 47Mb speed. Although I do most of my downloads overnight.

It does seem dependant on your area. I have been getting 50mb during throttling period sometimes when mates around the country are being throttled.

Nice one I will try this again...

Not used newsgroups since the early days of when I was with Demon internet.

Guess I have got a lot to learn as I have been using torrents for past few years.

Is there any where that indexes all the files for you to check?

I have downloaded newsrover.

Nice one I will try this again...

Not used newsgroups since the early days of when I was with Demon internet.

Guess I have got a lot to learn as I have been using torrents for past few years.

Is there any where that indexes all the files for you to check?

I have downloaded newsrover.
Best thing to do mate is get sabnzbd

then use nzbmatrix.com for the .nzb files

sabnzbd will download all the files repair them if needed and then extract them for you.

If you cant find it on nzbmatrix then try binsearch.info

Cheers

If you have a look in the guide I posted earlier in the thread, there are details in there on how to set up sabnzbd to talk to nzbmatrix directly.

thanks - astraweb cancelled and now on this :D

I was considering taking out the astraweb $96 per year but this even beats that(!) and rolling monthly too

Adamavfc and Oneman ,thanks for the help guys, I downloaded sabnzbd then went to nzbmatrix.com and paid my £7 for VIP.

I have downloaded my first newsgroups for over 10 years :)

only issue so far is can't get uncharted2 off nzbmatrix to download - but will from astraweb

l have m8 there shit lol

looks like its havin problems with alt.binaries.games.xbox360

L was having same problem too, lve gone back to ngroups , can't be doing with failed downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

only issue so far is can't get uncharted2 off nzbmatrix to download - but will from astraweb

NZBmatrix has nothing to do with news server it's just a NZB indexing site.

Astraweb is a newsgroup server and so is Newsdemon, and they both connect to the same newsgroups as do ALL news server like giganews, ngroups, newshosting etc...

There is only 1 set of newsgroups in the world, same as there is only 1 internet but you connect using different ISP's.

The only difference is retention, some news server have longer than others.

So basically it's irrelevant where you get your NZB files from (nzbmatrix, binnews, merlins etc...) it doesnt matter which service you use to connect to the NNTP servers with (astraweb, news demon, Usenet-access, giganews etc....) because ALL DATA comes from the same place.

Basically usenet works on a peer system. You post to local usenet provider. They then exchange the messages with other usenet providers so your post gets propergated to all the different providers and their posts get propergated to your provider. This may take several hours or longer depending on how many providers it has to go through.

It is possible for the original poster to issue a delete message request but no guarantees this will work as not all usenet providers honour them.

Posts can also be taken down by specific usenet providers. Its a known issue that copyright protection have been going after usenet providers. For example giganews have removed x360 postings, normally after a week or two of posting.

NZBmatrix has nothing to do with news server it's just a NZB indexing site.

Astraweb is a newsgroup server and so is Newsdemon, and they both connect to the same newsgroups as do ALL news server like giganews, ngroups, newshosting etc...

There is only 1 set of newsgroups in the world, same as there is only 1 internet but you connect using different ISP's.

The only difference is retention, some news server have longer than others.

So basically it's irrelevant where you get your NZB files from (nzbmatrix, binnews, merlins etc...) it doesnt matter which service you use to connect to the NNTP servers with (astraweb, news demon, Usenet-access, giganews etc....) because ALL DATA comes from the same place.

i know that but it still doesn't get around the fact i'm having this issue. Same nzb client (newsleecher or alt.binz) but astraweb server settings work, newsdemon doesn't. all other files work fine, it's only this one i've had any issue with. it's only 180 days old too

Can't believe I missed this....Any idea if this is still available anywhere?

Doh!....missd out on this....Im currently on a limited plan with them.

Would like to have an ulimited account.

Doh!....missd out on this....Im currently on a limited plan with them.

Would like to have an ulimited account.

Just email them and say u will go somewhere else if they can't match it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i know that but it still doesn't get around the fact i'm having this issue. Same nzb client (newsleecher or alt.binz) but astraweb server settings work, newsdemon doesn't. all other files work fine, it's only this one i've had any issue with. it's only 180 days old too

Sorry. :)

If you still need it i've just downloaded this one using Newsdemon it downloads perfectly and it's 40 days old. I made the NZB myself so it's not from nzbmaxtrix.

View attachment 57725

Back