Newer images starting to go off...

S

Speedy2206

I've had a few PMs and have noticed (only a couple) posts on the forum, stating that some of the newer images are now going off.

If the rumours are true, then this is rather bad news.

A few of the images I've heard of going off are:

Gav's updated zgore image (not sure which 1 as he done 2 different updates i think?)
Gav's updated Sportster pro
Gav's sportster (cant remember the exact version)
Sportster 1.75
New updated boxcracker (there was a boxcracker out there that worked)

These are the images that are already known to have caused problems:

Original zgore
Original boxcracker
Original next generations (note that there was an update to this at one point)
Some variations of Sportster 1.6
Some variations of Sportster 1.7
Sportster 1.5 and lower

If the newer updated gav's images are started to go off then this means that the cable companies have done something again. I am not too sure whether my enigma image will be affected by this - all the other images are using EVOCAMD, but my enigma uses NEWCAMD... so only time will tell.

If you have one of the later images and it has just recently gone off, could you please write in this thread the area that you are in, and the box type. If your image has not gone off then please dont post; as I want to keep this thread tidy.

Thanks.

I now have 6 confirmed cases of gav's 12/11/05 2x image gone off in the last 3 hours. I will check the logging section to see if the cable companies are up to anything. In the meantime, switch to a different image.

EDIT: I'll find out from gav what evocam files he used in that image; there might be a simple fix :)

Channels back on

Strange all channels went off except FTA i cardiff area - all just came back on!!

hi its the latest 1.03 its the very latest and i am having probs over here as well im trying to sort out a new images and sometimes its ok and other times its a no no so i will keep you informed as im going along

sorry i have not been around but im trying to get on the case of this problem as well

cheers

well im using the last image you posted and mines working ok here in Bristol

If its hit one area (well actually it seems to have hit several already), then its likely that its only a matter of time before the update is fully rolled out. It might take a while to get to your area.

On the positive side, it might NEVER hit your area :) So lets just wait and see.

I had to try a few different versions before I found one that worked but the ev0camd v1.01 is still working. The latest version 1.03 (in Gav's new image) is down along with early versions (Next Gen) etc etc.

This might be a good time for me to ask. Does anyone know how to get newcamd to work with a sportster image. I have followed just about every set of instructions I can find on it and it only works for about 10 seconds then goes off. If I run the daemon interactively it gives me a card server error. Sorry I know the exact error message would help more but I forgot to write it down.

Anyway any help on newcamd would be very helpful.

Cheers

Here is a copy of the evocamd v1.01 emu if anyone needs it. You can't download the old version anymore since the new version has been release.

Maybe someone could update the latest sportster images on here with it.

Nokia 2xi Sportster 1.7 uk05 OFF

Sagem 2xi Gavs Latest Sportster Pro OFF

Liams Enigma Is Currently Saving The Day

North Lanarkshire TW

when i reboot on gavs image i get the channels back happened 3 times today all i do is reboot then all channels come back can anyone else confirm this?

JIMMYQ said:
when i reboot on gavs image i get the channels back happened 3 times today all i do is reboot then all channels come back can anyone else confirm this?

Had it happen to me once today (admittedly the only time i watched tv) using gav's 12/11/04 1xi Sagem image. Power-cycled the box and everything came back. Bizarrrrrre.

Hi There

1.7.6 for x1 & x2 is reported to still work fine in VOD areas for NVOD channels or anything other than ppv.

Fermec

I Can...

JIMMYQ said:

I can also confirm this...... i have two boxes running gavs image only one has gone off.... but with a quick reboot, it back on!

Im in the Merseyside area.

i re did 7 boxes last night with sportster 1.7

one box had lost only the fta channels, but witha reflash it worked ok.

i re did 7 boxes last night with sportster 1.7

one box had lost only the fta channels, but witha reflash it worked ok.

so is there any news on what happened or is happening? i checked my box sportster img (sp173_2x_uk01) and it got only fta, but had no time yet to investigate .. will do a rescan/powercycle and soon see what happens. North west on n*l

Back