NewCS and phoenix readers

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
after spending about 6 weeks trying to get one of these working, i found that people were giving configs and all saying this one is the one that works, and none of them ever actually did

a lot of the dreambox config stuff seems to be cloak and dagger, if you dont know someone who knows then nobody will help you, anyway....

i sat down with the files every night for over a week, untill i got it going, the lines i have posted have been tested, and verified as working, on a dreambox 500 and 7020 running mgcamd and newcs, its running at the moment at 3.68Mhz with a gamma card between a few boxes in the house (even though people say gamma will only work at 6.00Mhz)

ive tested it with a smartmouse/phoenix reader and also with a purple pheonix reader (using at moment) and everything is fine and stable

im releasing it here as all other times ive shown someone how ive done something on other forums, my original post gets deleted, and somebody else takes the credit

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

this sets the reader to port 34003 with automatic card detection turned on, and as far as i can find, this is the ONLY working pheonix config for a dreambox on the net

enjoy

search triggers: pheonix newcs mgcamd gamma config newcs.xml reader card

when i wrote this, i was using 1.20 (i think) but now still use the same config, maybe with one or 2 added lines if needed, with 1.67 RC1

Thanks for the reply!
Are you still using the Gamma as I,ve read elsewhere that newer versions of newcs dont work with gamma card?

using a gamma card, programmed with a bulsat file from 2008 since nova gone off, with a purple phoenix reader, and connecting to the card from any room in the house as well with no problems m8

Part of the problem may be that there are many different designs of phoenix out there and quite a lot of them dont have any form of card detect circuitry. If you try to use card detect with these readers then you can get odd results ranging from nothing at all (no card ever detected) to the reader running when no card is inserted and giving all kinds of strange random data.........

You could also have normal or inverse reset, again it depends on the particular phoenix design.

Dont think the Irdeto/Seca stuff has any effect unless your actually using those card types so you could probably simplify the section a little more.

Last edited:
The config posted by Digi works perfect,many thanks.
Had card working fine with CCcam 2.12 but needed to use a newer version as I have a freesat card in one of the internal slots. Using CCcam 2.13 with newcs and all is well.Used 256 trick to give a cline to my other box.

Back