newbies guide

loady said:
I have found that dream up does not work for me, flash pro does nothing for my mate......i think the problem here is more to do with images being incomplete.....io have basically had to hack together my dreambox using peoples back up images......i stated before that i thought there was going to be an influx of information on this dreambox, this is why i got one, people saying they were going to make images for it, so far all i have been able to use is peoples back up...................anyone thinking of getting one should be made aware that support is slow, i still have me dbox so its not so much of a problem for me to wait.
Sounds a bit selfish to me loady,wot do u want people to do ? jump every time you want something, everybody's in the same boat with these in the fact that they are new, we are all learning and very well I think especially with the tremendous amount of work Gavin and Liam have put in. I had many probs too gettin s.ware to work but u have to stick with it. In time this section will be well developed like the Dbox2 one, ffs dont start slating it before its had a chance to get established.

totally agree dingodog were all on a steep learning curve i got a dreambox because its new and not some 5 yr old piece of kit these are going to be big sellers and digitalworld is the only english site i know of supporting them already several working images have tried 3 myself yes sure they can be a bit tricky to load but they are working.

there is more than enough information on this forum to enable anyone (including newbies) to get there dreambox going

also loady its a bit misleading to say you have to hack other peoples backups to get your dreambox going i have used this method and all you have to do is load the backup and do a scan, this is hardly hacking (and these are backups made from the images you say you cant load)

have you tried the different versions of dreamup?
i use ver 1.1.0.2 allways flashes ok for me

Back