newbie to dreambox, just wanna say hi and got a few ?

chazza

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

well i stumbled across this forum after conducting some research into what box to buy. i looked on fleebay and saw the eurovox, dboxes for sale. After reading around this forum I have decided to go the dreambox route (I hope I am making the right decision) :)

i have a few questions please, i wonder if someone can advise:

1. reading the dreambox setup guide by apintofmilk, you need a image file to get channels?. I had alook in the download section and could not find the gemini250+evo 1.05+ bruteforce file. can anyone help here? I did find the gemini280 file though.

2. i also noticed nuetrino 04 image, however i couldn't find this in the download section, is this file restricted ? and is it better then the gemini image?

3. keys/emus. i guess u need keys, but what are emus? where would one get these keys/emus?

to be honest i do feel lost, any help and advise would be much apperiecated, cheers chazza.

Last edited:
You would be making the right decision with the dreambox, with regard to the images you mentioned all images with keys, emus etc. included have been removed. If you go down the Gemini 2.80 route you will be able to download what you need from the dreambox itself. Check out http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77356 although it was written for the 500s it will answer a lot of your questions.

cheers for that mate, i have a read, all this stuff is alot to take it, might have to go to bed :) thanks, chazza

You're in exactly the same position that I was only a week ago! I've since got a Dreambox and got it working so hopefully I can help out. See below.

chazza said:
Hey everyone,

well i stumbled across this forum after conducting some research into what box to buy. i looked on fleebay and saw the eurovox, dboxes for sale. After reading around this forum I have decided to go the dreambox route (I hope I am making the right decision) :)

what amazes me is how much people charge on fleebay and various other outlets for ready made boxes (eurovox, dbox etc) and how much they charge to "fix" these boxes when they stop working.

i gained some basic experience back in the days of ond*g*tal, and i must admit, with my hand on my heart i rather be able to fix my box myself (or getting advice from you guys and gals) then to get ripped of by mr/mrs greedy, each time k*ys change/image breaks.

well i hope to pass the knowledge gained here to other forums members and i hope you guys and girls, can help me out if possible :) when required .

i have a few questions please, i wonder if someone can advise:

1. reading the dreambox setup guide by apintofmilk, you need a image file to get channels?. I had alook in the download section and could not find the gemini250+evo 1.05+ bruteforce file. can anyone help here? I did find the gemini280 file though.

As Hoppr99 says, you can't get hold of images with Cams and Keys on them via the download section of this forum. You can find links to sites with them on this forum though...

2. i also noticed nuetrino 04 image, however i couldn't find this in the download section, is this file restricted ? and is it better then the gemini image?

I haven't found this either yet, I'm using the neutrino nplus image 20060319. It does everything I need but I haven't tried others yet.

3. keys/emus. i guess u need keys, but what are emus? where would one get these keys/emus?

Emus are (I think) emulated conditional access modules, i.e. emulated ability to decode encrypted channels with the right keys. You need both the emu/cam and the right key to watch encrypted channels. You won't find these on this site but might find them on sites linked here.

to be honest i do feel lost, any help and advise would be much apperiecated, cheers chazza.

Hope this helps

hey mate, thanks for your feed back, i do appreciate it, just got in. i must be honest, this info is definate alot to take in. hopefully i be able to read through all and figure out where to get started. my first step is to read through, and if i can figure it out, i will go ahead and purchase a box. dreambox stuff looks quite new compared to the dbox, e.g. there are more images and support for the dbox. i guess at the end of the day its peeps like you which help us blind people see. thanks for your advise and help, chazza

Last edited:
Back