Newbie needs help!!!

thebaisify

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got my VU duo ( pre-installed with Vix team)and used the set up wizard to config the box. Everything is working ok- epg,HDD recording and I've got the SKY Channel listing which is great.

Problem is that I can get my 'gift' to work and I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what to do next.

i have ftp'ed into the box and added the CCcam.cfg into /etc folder and installed the ipk file. I've gone into soft am mgr and started the file,ticked it to run on startup but still no joy after more than 8hrs of trying.

I'm suspecting that my gift is not correctly set up in the .cfg file but I've got no way of verifying and my supplier is very unhelpful. I've asked him to send a screen shot of how he configured his cfg file and all I get is "check the Internet"!!!

Duo cost me £239 from WOS so having upgraded from an F3 box(which was working ok) I really need to get this working to justify spending that much on a new gear.

Pls PM me or something, I need help fast

Have you actually started CCcam by hitting the green button in softcam manager

Thanks for the reply Bronto

After spending day/night and this morning trying to trouble shoot the problem I decided to try one of the lines I sold to someone else and it worked!!! Tried my line and the screens froze so I was able to identify the fault.

The fault was my supplier did not activate the new line he gave me!!! Very very very annoying

Pls consider this thread closed and thanks once again!!!

At least I know that I'm not a numpty because I had read through most threads on here and did everything I read up!!!

Thanks

Last edited:
You can ftp so network is ok.
You've said CCcam is active and set to startup. Verify CCcam is running by issuing the ps command using telnet.

You are not using the same line in two receivers even if one is in standby?

Glad your sorted mate

The Line is not active on the server side it seems- I am using another line (someone else's) and its working.

I have texted the supplier,who is sleeping right now while I'm awake sorting out his mess, to activate my line since thats the cause of the problem.

Back