Newbie- Cable TV Extension

steve027

Inactive User
Reaction score
Troops,
I decided to move my box to another room via a splitter.
One runs to a vm box and one runs to my Euro box.
I purchased 20 meters of cable and wired it into another room, all connections tight and in place.
Get a no signal message on my Euro box, VM box is fine, tested splitter works fine with both boxes in same room.
Visited Maplins and took sample cable and was told that it was the correct type.
Tried the weak signal download still nothing.
Any ideas?
Thanks

hi m8 make sure you put it into the cable input and not the rf input i know it sounds daft but i've seen it done many times the one at the end not the one in the middle.
also i would check your cable not kinked could be broken inside had the same problem from a piece of cable i bought from maplin the guy that cut it took no care with it folded it instead of coilling it.
check your ends don't have any strands of outer wire touching the centre core that would cos it.
only other thing to do is try another cable.

Hope your problem is sorted by now but it could be that there is not enough signal to run both youre boxes euros do take more of a signal or bandwidth than normal vm boxes , it sounds your vm box is taking all the signal before its getting to the euro , have you tried turning off your vm box to prove this
do you subscribe to any vm services ?
Hope this has helped someone

Back