iPad New work IPAD 2 Locked Down

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a work ipad 2

Have a look at the profiles installed on it.

Seems I cant do anything with it.....

Gutted no itunes store icon or apps store, no movies, music, utube, air video or games etc.

Today they seemed they remotely install some safari short cuts and another exchange account without be seeing anyone logged on

I have also been told we are having our own work store like apple store coming soon.

Does any one know if they can read everything I have on the ipad (like with a logmein.there are no remote icons showing anywhere) or are they just sending these updates to auto install?

They are going to do spot checks on ipad to see if we try to mess with them, but i really want to know if they can see what i am typing..

Anyone help please?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 24
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm currently working on these profiles for our company. It's just a way of managing these devices. It's done via active sync on exchange or possibly some 3rd party enterprise management tool.

They can't see u actively typing but certain things like wireless passwords, cookies, etc may be stored in the keychains. I doubt key loggers are installed but they have the right to, if they wanted. It'll be part of your work it terms and conditions.

Thanks mate. Is there any way I can check key loggers are installed or if they install them in the future?

It's not part of the base iOS and apps have to be installed so it's only if the coders at your place were clever enough to somehow integrate it so honestly imdoubt it - unless the have their own in-house apps

Cheers

they are talking about having there own apps on our own company apps store. Looks like the end of the world for us....lol

Cheers

they are talking about having there own apps on our own company apps store. Looks like the end of the world for us....lol

the only way to erase everything is via a restore but they'd know you'd done it.

Back