New TV £600

*Matt*

Inactive User
Reaction score
After the help i got finding a new laptop i thought id try again for a new TV.

Basically the wife says i can have the attic as a den/office so now i need a new tv.

Iv got about £5-600 to spare.

I'm gonna be hookin up the PS3 and apple tv.

No idea if i should get plasma or lcd? doubt i could get LED on that budget.

id like it to be 42"+

Would also like one of these sound bars?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Regards

Matt

Last edited:
Never heard of finlux but that 40" led smart tv for under £400 looks pretty good. Although how does the 4000:1 contrast ratio compare with the likes of Samsung and Sony etc. I don't know much about contrast ratio.

Never heard of finlux but that 40" led smart tv for under £400 looks pretty good. Although how does the 4000:1 contrast ratio compare with the likes of Samsung and Sony etc. I don't know much about contrast ratio.

I've had a look on John Lewis and Richer Sounds, picked 3 random 32" TV's and none all them state the brightness or contrast ratio.
I know they used to but I don't why the don't state it anymore :wtf:
The lowest ratio that I remember seeing was 300:1 and the highest was 20,000:1 but also there was contrast ratio & dynamic ratio, sorry I don't know what the difference between the two is.

Finlux is or was part of the bang&olsen group many years back always been a good buy and very well built.

Thanks for the replys but the wife went to comet and bought some viera that was on offer.
Not impressed.

if you do not like it i think you have a cooling down period to cancel especially if not delivered yet

the main thing is you like it and it suits youre needs
tell her shes done well keep em sweet an all that but hide the remote on footy days cough cough

I know a lot of you won't of heard of this make (Finlux) but my mate swears by them, he had CRT for 16 years before getting a 32" LCD.
A price to suit every budget LCD or LED and 3D (4 x 3D glasses included) for under £400.

Finlux Direct | Great Value LED TVs, LCD TVs, 3D TVs & Smart TVs | FREE next-day Delivery on All Televisions!

Im stepping into the 3d home entertainment world and really wanna get one of these as i have a budget of £300 and this looks like a really good set.Shame there aint no tube videos of it tho.But the comments glow for this company it got 5 stars all round on comments from amazon.So thank you very much for putting this link up as ive never heard of them.

They also sell their TV's on Fleabay, some at a lower price :err:

My friend who bought the Finlux assume they were good on 2 counts...
1) Someone he knows that sold TV's recommended this brand to him.
2) He automatically thought they would be good because of the association with Bang & Olsen and Lowe (he meant as they were scandanavian) :roflmao:.

Back