New transponders

Darkstar

Banned
Reaction score
Just had this from DVBJunkie:

It seems that the cable company has introduced more transponders today.

Depending on where you are, i.e. Ex-NTL, Ex-Telewest or Ex-CW, Up to 30 new transponders have been added to the network.

Most channels have moved 1.0 Mhz. For example is BBC 1 was previously using the frequency 579.000 Mhz, then it will have moved +1.0 Mhz (580.000 Mhz) or – 1.0Mhz (578.000 Mhz).

On the Eurovox Max, Max V, EX5000 PVR, EX1000 SL & EX5100 PVR receivers a standard auto scan/update channels (red button) method will not bring the channels back, as this method only scans the existing frequencies.

On the Eurovox EX7000 HD receiver a standard auto scan/update channels (blue button) method will not bring the channels back, as this method only scans the existing frequencies.

A deep scan will find all the new transponders & will give you all the missing channels back. Most areas usually scan in around 35 transponders. This time round you will scan in around 70 transponders. The deep scan can take up to 1 hour to complete, so be prepared to wait patiently in order to get all the channels back. Please, no ranting about your favourites being erased, getting the channels back up & running should be your 1st priority.

On the Eurovox Max, Max V, EX5000 PVR, EX1000 SL & EX5100 PVR receivers you will find that the old frequencies will be shown in a grey coloured font. The new frequencies will be shown in a white coloured font.

On the Eurovox EX7000 HD receiver you will find that all the frequencies will be shown in a grey coloured font as normal.

If your Eurovox receiver is losing channels, a deep scan is the only way to get them back.

We have not had an opportunity to test this on any of the other receiver that we have sold past & present. I am sure that a full scan will rectify all issues.

Please remember that the best time to scan your receiver is early morning or late at night. From experience we would recommend around 6am or midnight. Not a lot of people are watching TV at this time of the day & you will find that all the transponders are found.

me just back from holiday for 2 weeks and in a new house round the corner cable fitted today but not had the chance to put me box on yet so will do in the morning and update
intersting stuff by the way

Just had this from DVBJunkie:

It seems that the cable company has introduced more transponders today.

Depending on where you are, i.e. Ex-NTL, Ex-Telewest or Ex-CW, Up to 30 new transponders have been added to the network.

Most channels have moved 1.0 Mhz. For example is BBC 1 was previously using the frequency 579.000 Mhz, then it will have moved +1.0 Mhz (580.000 Mhz) or – 1.0Mhz (578.000 Mhz).

On the Eurovox Max, Max V, EX5000 PVR, EX1000 SL & EX5100 PVR receivers a standard auto scan/update channels (red button) method will not bring the channels back, as this method only scans the existing frequencies.

On the Eurovox EX7000 HD receiver a standard auto scan/update channels (blue button) method will not bring the channels back, as this method only scans the existing frequencies.

A deep scan will find all the new transponders & will give you all the missing channels back. Most areas usually scan in around 35 transponders. This time round you will scan in around 70 transponders. The deep scan can take up to 1 hour to complete, so be prepared to wait patiently in order to get all the channels back. Please, no ranting about your favourites being erased, getting the channels back up & running should be your 1st priority.

On the Eurovox Max, Max V, EX5000 PVR, EX1000 SL & EX5100 PVR receivers you will find that the old frequencies will be shown in a grey coloured font. The new frequencies will be shown in a white coloured font.

On the Eurovox EX7000 HD receiver you will find that all the frequencies will be shown in a grey coloured font as normal.

If your Eurovox receiver is losing channels, a deep scan is the only way to get them back.

We have not had an opportunity to test this on any of the other receiver that we have sold past & present. I am sure that a full scan will rectify all issues.

Please remember that the best time to scan your receiver is early morning or late at night. From experience we would recommend around 6am or midnight. Not a lot of people are watching TV at this time of the day & you will find that all the transponders are found.
this maybe true as on other threads alot of us have had to do a rescan.however i didn't have to do a deep scan.all i did was put the firmware back on and did a power scan.alot easier than sorting out 3 or 4 bbc1's:proud:

To be honest,its the 1st I've heard about it. I got home from work yesterday and I'd had an email from dvbjunkie customer support about the new transponders.
I had to re-scan my eurovox twice last week but everything seems ok at the minute so not messing with it.

I just thought I'd post the contents of the email in case anyone was having problems.

To be honest,its the 1st I've heard about it. I got home from work yesterday and I'd had an email from dvbjunkie customer support about the new transponders.
I had to re-scan my eurovox twice last week but everything seems ok at the minute so not messing with it.

I just thought I'd post the contents of the email in case anyone was having problems.
thanks sharon it will probably ease a few peoples minds knowing that it ain't their box that's gone tits up.let's hope they stop messing around with the channels for a while so we don't have to keep rescanning:Clap:

Must admit, some of that info sounds a bit suspect !

30 odd new transponders - I seriously doubt. The cost would be enourmous to add that kind of functionality. It would effectively give VM double the channel bandwidth and, in the present climate, I dont see another couple hundred TV channels lining up to broadcast stuff.

A couple extra transponders in areas where VOD is used a lot, maybe, 30+ new transponders, nah !

I suppose its possible that what has been seen is actually a doubling up of existing transponders as VM merge the three networks but that should only happen in very limited areas and probably for a very brief period of time.

Frequency changes, again, are likely down to network merging. Not quite sure how you would get 1Mhz step changes but I could see 250kHz changes as TW and CW areas are merged.

I had to do a full rescan, Telewest Area and found a few more channels

Back