New to the PSP, a little help required please guys n girls :)

Ok did that, tried to access it, and it says corrupted data so I cannot do it :(

you sure you got the eboot file in the correct place? /PSP/GAME/UPDATE/eboot.PBP.
try naming the update folder in caps like above.

Ok mate will give it a go, might be back tonight, got a few things going on as its my only night off this week, but please check back later or tomorrow so I get chance to give it a go, and thank u ;)

Mhhh :(

Firstly, it was the Update folder, I didnt do it in CAPS but when I redid it, I could see the update

Now a small problem, it says the 1.50 update failed, and to contact tech support

The PSP is still on with the error message displayed, im frightened to turn it off for fear of it becoming a brick lol

Is this suppose to happen?

Mhhh :(

Firstly, it was the Update folder, I didnt do it in CAPS but when I redid it, I could see the update

Now a small problem, it says the 1.50 update failed, and to contact tech support

The PSP is still on with the error message displayed, im frightened to turn it off for fear of it becoming a brick lol

Is this suppose to happen?
normaly no. did it show any progress bar? like it was flashing? if it didnt then the upgrade never started so it should be safe to exit and turn off the PSP.
not sure why that happened though. did you reformat the memory stick?.
you could also try restoring factory defaults too before trying again.

i cant see it being a dodgy eboot file but if you would like to try another you can get this 1 : h**p://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4

there is nothing wrong with the eboot file in the link that kryton posted i have used it a few times without any problems,the only thing i can think of is a dodgy memory card

there is nothing wrong with the eboot file in the link that kryton posted i have used it a few times without any problems,the only thing i can think of is a dodgy memory card

well i did think about the memory card, but it seemed ok with the downgrader, strange, but it is a very likely possibility. try restoring factory defaults and another memory stick format, if that dont work then try another MS.

Hiya guys

Ok just a quicky

I didnt use a program like in the 2.01 - 1.00 downgrade this time. To run the 1.50 I launched it directly from the game menu on the PSP, is that the correct way to do it?

It ran a progress bar, got to 99% then came up with the error

Yup I did format the memory stick before the upgrade, made an UPDATE folder on the PSP in the GAME dir, copied the eboot file there, rebooted the PSP, then ran the upgrade to go from 1.00 to 1.50

I havent got a spare memory stick, one should be arriving tomorrow, so will give that a go, I also have just DL the other 1.50 from the link above so could also try it, but as you've said the one im using works, so its probably not that, hopefully if I try again it will work

Scared to turn the PSP off now LOL

Mhhh thats wierd lol

PSP wouldnt turn off, had to remove the battery, bricking myself let alone the PSP!

Anyways, on reboot, said the system was corrupted, and to press X to restore defaults, which it did

On checking the version, it says 1.50!

So the upgrade from 1.00 to 1.50 worked, not sure what happened tho!
Will do the Dark Alex tomorrow morning when i've calmed down!

Hiya guys

Ok just a quicky

I didnt use a program like in the 2.01 - 1.00 downgrade this time. To run the 1.50 I launched it directly from the game menu on the PSP, is that the correct way to do it?

It ran a progress bar, got to 99% then came up with the error

Yup I did format the memory stick before the upgrade, made an UPDATE folder on the PSP in the GAME dir, copied the eboot file there, rebooted the PSP, then ran the upgrade to go from 1.00 to 1.50

I havent got a spare memory stick, one should be arriving tomorrow, so will give that a go, I also have just DL the other 1.50 from the link above so could also try it, but as you've said the one im using works, so its probably not that, hopefully if I try again it will work

Scared to turn the PSP off now LOL

hmm to be honest if it got to 99% then gave an error that dosent sound good.
hopefully no harm has come to your PSP.
could be your memory stick then because everything else seems to have gone ok.
pepperami said:

well yes, because you was at 1.0 and you formated the MS before putting the 1.5 eboot back onto the MS. so all of the files from the 2.01 downgrader were already erased.

im affriad you have no choice though, leaving the PSP wont help if it is kaputt.
can you still access all the functions within the menu's? like usb connection etc?.

Mhhh thats wierd lol

PSP wouldnt turn off, had to remove the battery, bricking myself let alone the PSP!

Anyways, on reboot, said the system was corrupted, and to press X to restore defaults, which it did

On checking the version, it says 1.50!

So the upgrade from 1.00 to 1.50 worked, not sure what happened tho!
Will do the Dark Alex tomorrow morning when i've calmed down!

*PHEW*
thank fook for that lol.
dont worry, upgrading to OE firmware is much more simpler ;)

:mexican:

buy some more toilet paper before you attempt to upgrade

Thank fook indeed LOL

I was going to use the PSP as part of my Brick wall im building hahahahaha.

Anyways, tonights a night off, so I will be eating then upgrading to the Dark Alex, see how it goes :)

Is it easy to put ISOs on the PSP?

Also, there was a CSO i think it was I DL, what the fook is that all about?

Thank fook indeed LOL

Anyways, tonights a night off, so I will be eating then upgrading to the Dark Alex, see how it goes :)

cso files go into the same folder as iso games

a cso is a compressed iso file

Thank fook indeed LOL

its a shame tonights ur only night off m8
were all working and to busy.lol

come back once u get ur dinner

my youngest bro has just tryed to flash his and ended up turning it in to a brick bet there is no way of un bricking it with out spending more money on it ??? he could not wait for me to do it for him when he is next up north now look what's happend he is gutted lol

yeah its good for money he was downgrading from 2.80 to 1.50 he is not willing to spend more money on it he onely got it today been telling john about it in pm it has cost him £120 all ready that's why he wont pay any more lol

yeah its good for money he was downgrading from 2.80 to 1.50 he is not willing to spend more money on it he onely got it today been telling john about it in pm it has cost him £120 all ready that's why he wont pay any more lol

he should of waited for you then lol.
these things happen though and 30 quid is better than buying a new psp.

where did he get it from? cant he say he was upgrading the sony firmware to play a UMD and the upgrade froze and it wouldnt turn back on. he could get it replaced.

Back